• Shotgun.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rifle.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Handgun.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bow.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Automobile (includes, cars, trucks, and low flying airplanes).

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't hunt deer at all.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A baseball bat because a exceptionally "macho".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey black dog at deer camp now. I shoot a Ruger 7 mill rem mag or 30-06 rem 7400 semi auto, or my sks. Depends if I need a long or short range gun. I wasn't hunting this early season (WISCONSIN) but a friend in my club got two nice does in the doe only season today. Can't wait for opening day to fill my tags, freezer is empty and needs filling, beets buying beef. rather eat venison, no steroids or drugs in this great meat, and tasty too!!! Good luck in the season hope you fill your freezer and tags!!!!

forgot I just got a 50 cal black powder been shooting a bit on paper but never got a deer yet with this gun, hopefully I get one this season!!!

We live on a 300 acre farm and because we are landowners we get free deer tags from the State of Illinois but you can only use the free tags on your property. Do not have to purchase a hunting license on your propery either but you do have to buy a Habitat Stamp. Every year we each get four tags - My wife gets 2 deer tags for bow and 2 deer tags for firearm season. It's an either sex tag for shotgun season and an anterless only tag. I also get the same. Neither of us bow hunt but I usually use the wife's gun tags along with my own and get four deer a year. We keep one for our freezer and I usually give the other three to friends or neighbors who like the venison but don't hunt. The wife doesn't like venison so a deer lasts me all year. It takes about 20 minutes to get a deer here on the farm because there are so many of them. They do about $2,000 to $3,000 damage to our corn every year.

We live on a 300 acre farm and because we are landowners we get free deer tags from the State of Illinois but you can only use the free tags on your property. Do not have to purchase a hunting license on your propery either but you do have to buy a Habitat Stamp. Every year we each get four tags - My wife gets 2 deer tags for bow and 2 deer tags for firearm season. It's an either sex tag for shotgun season and an anterless only tag. I also get the same. Neither of us bow hunt but I usually use the wife's gun tags along with my own and get four deer a year. We keep one for our freezer and I usually give the other three to friends or neighbors who like the venison but don't hunt. The wife doesn't like venison so a deer lasts me all year. It takes about 20 minutes to get a deer here on the farm because there are so many of them. They do about $2,000 to $3,000 damage to our corn every year.

plant some apple trees, they may eat the apples and pass on the corn! :lol:

your land sounds lovely....

alot of that up here....the guy directly across from me has 125 acres and he has no plans to develop it...so i will always have the deer and other wildlife around me, thank goodness.

if you want to go deer hunting in wyomning, which I guess is prime hunting. Let me know, it only costs 2 to 3000 dollars on the ranch my brother lives on. :)

Been Deer season since Aug 15 in SC where my son lives, I haven't had a chance to sit yet but it will last until Jan. 1 so hopefully

Been Deer season since Aug 15 in SC where my son lives, I haven't had a chance to sit yet but it will last until Jan. 1 so hopefully

I lived in SC for a few years and remember the long deer season there. The only problem I had with the deer season starting in the middle of August was with the snakes and skeeters. Seemed like there was an ample supply of both! Also I like to hunt when the weather is cooler. The cool crisp air just makes being in the woods feel so much better. Also less vegitation and leaves on the trees. You can see a lot farther and have better shots at the deer.

1235471162_duckrabbitseason.gif

I lived in SC for a few years and remember the long deer season there. The only problem I had with the deer season starting in the middle of August was with the snakes and skeeters. Seemed like there was an ample supply of both! Also I like to hunt when the weather is cooler. The cool crisp air just makes being in the woods feel so much better. Also less vegitation and leaves on the trees. You can see a lot farther and have better shots at the deer.

I hear ya on the skeeters and snakes, but it is just so peaceful sitting out there, I live in GA now and haven't been hunting since I moved, but when I lived in SC I sat every night, the things ya see are fantastic, even if I didn't kill a deer I enjoyed watching them and all the other wild life

I hear ya on the skeeters and snakes, but it is just so peaceful sitting out there, I live in GA now and haven't been hunting since I moved, but when I lived in SC I sat every night, the things ya see are fantastic, even if I didn't kill a deer I enjoyed watching them and all the other wild life

It seems like I get some of my best naps while deer hunting! When I'm awake I like looking at all the things you can see in the woods too...:lol:

Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?

One buck harvested via bow so far, though not by me personally. Couple hunters on Dad's property.

Buck had an odd rack, tines were almost flat, not symmetrical and was pretty small overall - I think 7 points or something like that but he was about 175-180 field dressed. Good heart shot, so he didn't run down to the deepest ravine as they often do for a farewell joke.

A deer's hooves are actually a lot more vicious. There are more of them, they move independently, and they're FAST.

I have bucks FIGHT in my horse's pasture, while I'm feeding, the bastards, during certain times of the year (rut, I guess). You can't chase them off.

Deer season over here, now we're into elk.

Forum List

Back