• Shotgun.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rifle.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Handgun.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bow.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Automobile (includes, cars, trucks, and low flying airplanes).

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't hunt deer at all.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A baseball bat because a exceptionally "macho".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?

A few years ago one of our dogs brought home a huge deer liver and plopped it in the middle of the kitchen floor LOL. Hey double B D bag a few extra this season- I'm tired of driving into the suckers (Illinois here too). :D

Haven't hunted since moving to the city. Not economically reasonable. Will resume next year after moving back home.

In the past, I have hunted primarily with a 250 Savage. Probably start hunting with my muzzle gun. Better seasons.

Please don't shoot Bambi's Mom!

Kill bad people instead. Or men! Why can't we girls have a hunting season when it's legal to shoot guys?

Not a gun hunter but hubs has nailed about three bambi's with the car. Got him a couple of 'John Deere' floor mats as a gift. His name is John. :lol:

Not a gun hunter but hubs has nailed about three bambi's with the car. Got him a couple of 'John Deere' floor mats as a gift. His name is John. :lol:

Well, if he's a crap shot, then I guess a car is a more than adequate weapon. LOL.

I love shooting and guns. While I couldn't kill an animal, I'd happily cap any SOB bad guy.

the white tail have been in the yard eating the apples that are finally ripe, every night now....a group of 2-5....yesterday i ran out and picked as many apples as i could reach, from the one good tree for apple sauce....it is on lowland that slipped down from higher land in a flood long before we got here, right next to our pond... well, there had to be a hundred or more deer tracks and deer poo in a few spots, i think....? it looked like very big marbles...blackish, huge pile? :lol: who knows? thought it was theirs???

anyway, managed to make 3 batches of apple sauce...I WILL NEVER, EVER eat Mott's tasteless apple sauce again...NEVER! This homemade stuff is awesome!

I sure hope no one around here kills my deer friends....though i got neighbors jumping at the bit, to do just that! :(

They do eat them though, so that is good, i suppose...?

they are just too beautiful to kill imho!

P6052599.JPG

P6052600.JPG

P6052601.JPG

here some pics from 2007 of the deer eating under one of the apple trees and one crossing the yard to get to another apple tree...

deer052.jpg

deer054.jpg

deer063.jpg

deer067.jpg
[/QUOTE]

are you certain you want to kill them?

Rabbit season!!!

Yep. Love that rabbit season too. Got a couple of beagles who enjoy it too! When I hunt rabbits I usually use either a .410 shotgun or a .22 rifle.

You bad! Stop shooting baby bunnies..... Damn! Thumper and Bambi's Mom - you're harsh!

*Wonders where she left 'Pinkie' the Pistol back in Ca and considers posting a request about BBD's addy.... LOL*

Does. Buck season is over here, or in a few days. Bow season came already, and now it's done.

We had a 4-pt buck bedding down outisde our office window for weeks,then he left nad a forked horn hung out there for a while.

I just saw a 4pt buck eating brush from a tree trimming brush pile on t he street the other day, and a 3 p oint today. In town. bastards. They know we can't nail them in town.

I'm used to big rack bucks fighting about 20 feet from where I'm feeding my horses...and you woudn't believe the extremes I have to go through to keep them out of my horse feed. Can't feed big bales here, 60 deer will show up in a night and decimate it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back