Deer In Yard Today, Under Wild Apple Tree

this is a pic of a baby deer who came to my window at work this past june. :)

ohdeerjune2014.jpg
that is fantastic! such a cute picture...

i just uploaded it from my phone to photobucket just for you, dear! :D

i have seen him several times since, too!

getting bigger and the spots are fading...but i only snapped a bunch of pics on that first day.

he seems alone and i think momma either got hit by a car or shot... :(

getting bigger and the spots are fading...but i only snapped a bunch of pics on that first day.

OH DEAR.... :( I wish you hadn't told me that..... :(:(

but I forgive you!

i talk to him in a soft tone and joke that i am 'the deer whisperer' because he isn't ascared of me! :lol:

cool. proves we still have some environment left.
our deer are well manage here in Maine....back in 2008 and 2009 due to very harsh winters, we lost 30% of the herds from the cold, so they limited hunting permits for a a few years, but we are back up to normal or near normal again....I think on average we have about 220,000 or so in the State....

And we have on average, about 76000 Moose....

And the Lord only knows how many Black Bear.....of which we had one this year in our yard trying to open the shed, and two years ago, we had TWO in our yard that tore down the bird feeder and just sat down on the ground like it was their yard, eating sunflower seeds from the bird feeder....

This year, after the visit, we bought bear spray, 4 containers of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
There are more deer in the US now then ever in history. Some palaces its a real problem.

Wowie Zowie.

Sorry its such a crappy photo ^^^ but posted it from my iPhone to the board via tapatalk.

Thanks very much for the info!!

just an FYI, with this new USMB site, no need to download to photobucket, you can just hit the upload a file key, and get the pic direct....

yeeah...........no thanks! :lol:
ohhhhhhh, hadn't thought about security concerns!!!

Well crud -

What security concerns?

Splain to me in words of one syllable, wouldja?

Thanks.
I don't really know, cuz I am quite ignorant when it comes to the internet and computers, but I always trust Valerie's advice and take note if she is concerned and just figure, I should be too! :lol: even if she tried to explain it to me, I probably would not understand, so I just take her word for it and heed her advice! :D

but I forgive you!

It makes you feel bad to know that there is this young deer out there trying to survive without his/her mama. Life can be very cruel sometime.

but I forgive you!

It makes you feel bad to know that there is this young deer out there trying to survive without his/her mama. Life can be very cruel sometime.
yes, it saddens me...I know it's just part of nature and life itself, but it's still sad....

but I forgive you!

yes, it saddens me...I know it's just part of nature and life itself, but it's still sad....

They are living being. You have to be callous not to feel for them.

Forum List

Back