deer hunting

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
and deer hunters out there?
i got this the end of last year, but then never got the chance to get out after bambi! the description doesnt lie either, very accurate
i got the 12ga, its brutal!
description: Ultra Slug Hunter

Thanks to new projectile technology and a new breed of slug guns, today’s shotgun hunter can reach way out with impressive accuracy and striking power.

At Harrington & Richardson, we offer a range of tack-driving single shot slug guns that can cost less than an accessory slug barrel for your repeater. At the top of the list is our heavy 24" barrel, fully-rifled H&R Ultra Slug Hunter, in 12- or 20- gauge. We’ve shot extremely tight groups at 100 yards, using sabot slugs. The Ultra Slug Hunter comes complete with a Monte Carlo stock, recoil pad, factory-installed scope base, and even sling swivels and a nylon sling. A walnut-finished American hardwood stock is standard, and the Deluxe model comes with a checkered laminate stock and fore-end. A Youth Model is available with a rifled 20-gauge 22" barrel.

Johnney said:
and deer hunters out there?

I am, sort of. I have a problem actually killing a deer, or any animal for that matter, myself. I go as a 2nd lookout with my step-dad. I love the thrill of the hunt, and love sitting in the trees, in the tranquility of the woods at sunrise.

I just can't bring myself to shoot an animal. I know what deer(pheasant, turkey, etc.) hunting is for and I hope to keep the family tradition with my son. I grew up in a family of hunters. My uncle bow-hunts. He is REALLY good.

Sounds like a nice gun. Strictly for deer hunting though. No doubt there is a trade off in performance someplace (like heavier than the generic shotgun).

CSM said:
Sounds like a nice gun. Strictly for deer hunting though. No doubt there is a trade off in performance someplace (like heavier than the generic shotgun).
yeah there is a trade off. its heavier than hell! i think its like 11 lbs? so its a chunk to take out and carry around. i need to get out there in the next couple weeks and get used to it again. i dont bruise very easy, but this one does it.

Forum List

Back