deer are not pets

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
fawns are cute as hell......it is so tempting to keep them and bottle feed them.....it is also highly illegal to keep deer without a license....

Seven fallow deer and two white-tailed deer were killed Sept. 20 in a pen on Wayne Kindley's farm. N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission Executive Director Gordon Myers has said Kindley didn't have a license to keep captive deer. He also said the deer had to be killed so they could be tested for CWD, which he said can be done only on dead animals.

9 deer killed on NC farm test negative for CWD - US news - Environment - msnbc.com

wildlife officers do not like to come to peoples homes and kill their deer.....they do it because of the risk of the cwd......deer are not domestic animals....if you find an fawn most likley its not orphaned but waiting on mom to come back....if for some reason the fawn is an orphan call the wildlife people....cause you take that deer in...soon or later the wildlife officials will show up and will take your deer and will kill it...its on you ...not on them.

My sister saw a dead deer on someone's lawn, on her way home last night. She thinks dead, anyway. May have just been dazed, or sick ... labor? When do they give birth?

Anyway, freaked her right the hell out. I advised her to contact animal control, but it was late and dark, and she has no idea where she was when she saw it. This is in the suburbs.

Deer are not as numerous in my area as in previous years. They used to join the bears in raiding my fruit orchard.

I eat what I kill.

As long as it's deer dear. :)

Forum List

Back