Deep Purple founder Jon Lord has died

holy shit...what?????
damn:frown:........its on my ipad and I listen to Purple at least once a week....

RIP man.....

best live Rock album....EVER...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKDSWwM4fw]Deep Purple - Made in Japan (full album HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

one of my favs ..

he was a sweet child in time....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OorZcOzNcgE]Child In Time - Deep Purple - YouTube[/ame]

Man, when the music you grew up to and its artists are dying like flies...things that make you feel mortal. My first song on the gituar as many other was SOTW. First bar chords I learned..shit I feel old.

E-
B-
G-0 3 5 0 3 6 5 0 3 5 3 0
D-0 3 5 0 3 6 5 0 3 5 3 0
A-
E-

Last edited:
Man, when the music you grew up to and its artists are dying like flies...things that make you feel mortal. My first song on the gituar as many other was SOTW. First bar chords I learned..shit I feel old.

E-
B-
G-0 3 5 0 3 6 5 0 3 5 3 0
D-0 3 5 0 3 6 5 0 3 5 3 0
A-
E-

I hear your, I listened to DSOTM and cried when Rick died.

and this, is bullshit....wtf are they waiting for, ritchie to die too?

As of 2012, Deep Purple have not been nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Jan Wenner of Rolling Stone does not think Deep Purple is deserving of the hall.....but he sure went for Grandmaster Flash to be there.....because as any Rocker knows.....G.M.Flash was way more influential than Deep Purple....:eusa_eh:

Got my first gituar in 1974, 1969 Jaguar, I played it until my fingers bled. (cliche). Once I learned SOTW, I got HOTRS down. Some of the hardest chords I learned were from Beatles Rubber Soul and Revolver.

As of 2012, Deep Purple have not been nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Jan Wenner of Rolling Stone does not think Deep Purple is deserving of the hall.....but he sure went for Grandmaster Flash to be there.....because as any Rocker knows.....G.M.Flash was way more influential than Deep Purple....:eusa_eh:

Jan Weiner can go fuck himself

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame blows anyway

I heard an interview with Steve Morse (who toured with the reunited DP) and he raved about Jon Lord's musicianship.

Ian Gillian, that little shit bag told Zappa "Break a leg, Frank!" (this was after Zappa got thrown into the orchestra pit by a deranged "fan" and broke a leg and damaged his vocal chord dropping the pitch of his voice by a third. That has nothing to do with Jon, but its an interesting SOTW story

Made in Japan is still one of the all time best live albums ever. No overdubs.

Got my first gituar in 1974, 1969 Jaguar, I played it until my fingers bled. (cliche). Once I learned SOTW, I got HOTRS down. Some of the hardest chords I learned were from Beatles Rubber Soul and Revolver.

Bloody fingers from playing a Jaguar?

What the heck did you have it strung with, .13s or something?

Jan Weiner can go fuck himself

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame blows anyway

yes it does......

My first concert was Deep Purple at the Long Beach arena in 1974 for their Burn tour. Jon Lord was the sound of Deep Purple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6x8GGXrCFQ&feature=related]DEEP PURPLE - LAZY - LIVE 1972 MACHINE HEAD TOUR - YouTube[/ame]

BTW, what everyone say's about Made in Japan is correct. That album had more rice crispies (snap, crackle and pop) than any album I owned, with the possible exception of Live at Leeds.

New Topics

Forum List

Back