Declining moral values

We have stopped making children the center of American life.

They are repaying us with not having OUR morals the center of their lives.

:clap2:

In your own weird little way, you occasionally make sense.

It just occurred to me that I just thanked AND repped TruthMatters. That should tell us that it is possible for some of us to get on the same page no matter what. :)

Declining moral values

and look at that. "gays" made the list. Right wingers are sick fucks.

Only by reducing the right wingers influence will morals improve and the country get better.

Yep, all Bush's fault.

He went to smaller schools, BTW.:eusa_angel:

We have stopped making children the center of American life.

They are repaying us with not having OUR morals the center of their lives.

:clap2:

In your own weird little way, you occasionally make sense.

It just occurred to me that I just thanked AND repped TruthMatters. That should tell us that it is possible for some of us to get on the same page no matter what. :)

Please go read about the study I posted.

We need to build smaller schools.

It has be studied and what works is smaller schools.

Building these schools is not "throwing money at te problem" it is fixing the problem.

Morality has just about hit the bottom rung of the ladder as far as I can tell. Sure, there's always been crime, immoral conduct and what have you - just not as prevalent as it is today. There seems to be no shame whatsoever these days. Education is down the tubes and it seems they're getting further and further away from core studies and creating more and more subjects that are nonsense.

I don't know about coughing up more and more in taxes and continual increases in federal funds because government becomes the lord and master over education. Of course, taxes are needed to support schools, but we're not getting our money's worth. I'd like to see teachers' unions done away with - I don't see where that benefits students so much as it gives teachers a way out of messes they shouldn't be getting into in the first place. I think standards and expectations for teachers and students alike need to be reinstated. The list of things that need to be fixed is long and those things are not necessarily fixed by more taxation.

I'm sorry - I just grew up in a whole different America and I miss it.

Building these schools is not "throwing money at te problem" it is fixing the problem.[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?!?!?!?!? Schools and teachers should NOT be teaching morals, ethics or values!!!

Just a side story Truthmatters about teaching values an morals in school

The assignment was to match the face to the food. The teacher then proceeded to ask how could you ever eat them? She came home and declared she was now a vegetarian.

Same teacher also taught her that we never landed on the moon. That it was all a hoax.

Just a side story Truthmatters about teaching values an morals in school

The assignment was to match the face to the food. The teacher then proceeded to ask how could you ever eat them? She came home and declared she was now a vegetarian.

Same teacher also taught her that we never landed on the moon. That it was all a hoax.

Then report the teacher.

My son had some horrible ones.

Including the ones who put his friend who had great grades in "special class" after his mother was murdered because he stopped doing school work for two weeks.

Report them and fight the system.

Then report the teacher.

Including the ones who put his friend who had great grades in "special class" after his mother was murdered because he stopped doing school work for two weeks.

And this is where you are arguing that morals and values need to be taught??? In school?

Then report the teacher.

And this is where you are arguing that morals and values need to be taught??? In school?

Go get the fucking quote of mine where I said that ?

Stop lying and stick to facts

Then report the teacher.

Go get the fucking quote of mine where I said that ?

Stop lying and stick to facts
Ummm, well....the topic actually IS morals.

Building these schools is not "throwing money at te problem" it is fixing the problem.

You mean like this one?

First, let's get the definition of "moral".

mor·al /ˈmɔrəl, ˈmɒr-/ Show Spelled[mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA
–adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct ( opposed to immoral): a moral man.
6. virtuous in sexual matters; chaste.
7. of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.
8. resting upon convincing grounds of probability; virtual: a moral certainty.
–noun
9. the moral teaching or practical lesson contained in a fable, tale, experience, etc.
10. the embodiment or type of something.
11. morals, principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct.

Now, interestingly enough, the word moral is used as an absolute, when in reality, it's not. I learned this as a young man while on my first cruise.

What passes for moral in Europe would be considered extremely immoral here in America. A quick example of that would be the beaches. Over there, it's considered "moral" and okay for women to go topless over there. Matter of fact, around 40 percent of the women on beaches in the Med are generally topless when on the beach.

What is considered moral kinda depends on what society or small group in society you belong to.

And, to top it off, yet another Republican has come forward this morning to say that he'd had an affair with a staffer, and is now stepping down and taking his name off the ballot.

Personally? I think that a previous poster had it right when they said we shouldn't teach morals, we should teach actions and consequences.

Claiming that you're more "moral" than someone else is a crock of shit, because EVERYONE has some kind of skeleton in their closet.

What people should do is speak honestly about what they believe as well as what they do. Me? If you met me in real life and asked me a question about my past, even if it was really embarrassing, I'd tell you the truth, but I'd also ask if you were sure you'd like to hear the answer.

People that dress the world up in morality make me nervous, because it's not that they're making the world moral, they're forcing the rest of us to live at THEIR levels.

And no, it's not the schools responsibility to teach morals, because a teacher can't possibly know or be able to accommodate the multitude of belief systems in each class.

Forum List

Back