Declare Victory and Leave Iraq...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DeadCanDance, Jul 15, 2007.

1. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    “Midwestern towns sour on the war as death toll mounts “
    by John Aravosis
    Americablog.com

“I hate to say 'I told you so' when the stakes are so grave, but when is a better time to do so? Anyone who voted for Bush the second time, and continued to support this disaster of a war, has to accept the consequences of their actions. You supported an idiot, you supported a disaster, and you supported a political party that is nothing more than patriotic slogans surrounded by death. Actions have consequences.”… More from the Wash Post:

Wise, and realistic words by General Powell:

COLIN POWELL, July 2007: “I tried to avoid this war…I took him (Bush) through the consequences of going into an Arab country and becoming the occupiers.”

“The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms…It’s not going to be pretty to watch, but I don’t know any way to avoid it. It is happening now.”

“It is not a civil war that can be put down or solved by the armed forces of the United States.” All the military can do, Powell suggested, is put “a heavier lid on this pot of boiling sectarian stew”.

“We have to face the reality of the situation that is on the ground and not what we would want it to be.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1862740/posts?page=69