Discussion in 'Politics' started by Photonic, Dec 3, 2011.
Anyone agree/disagree with this?
Go Air Force!
Your quote from the Constitution and the following by Abraham Lincoln, indicate that our nation is in need of a Congress and government dedicated to the cause of the American public. Not to themselves, or their self-serving desires.
The people will save their government, if the government itself will allow them.
Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one. This is a most valuable and sacred right -- a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world.
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Absolutely agree. It is time for another continental congress. It is time to move our democracy into the present, by reflecting todays needs and challenges. The implamentation of technology could and should move us to a more direct democracy instead of a representative democracy. Representative Democracy was good when it took a great deal of time to travel and communicate, such is not the case today. Technology can put the power where it should always have been, with us the people.
I agree and have thought of this many many times over the last 10 years, starting with Bush passing the patriot act and as recent as obama forcing me to buy insurance from a private company to be a citizen in good standing.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.....
? what's your grater point?
I think it is pretty clear that the mentioned is a basic truth. Are you going somewhere with this?
We need less democracy, not more.
Looking at the way people vote - a direct democracy would be a complete disaster. You think it is bad when people vote for the slime that we have now to hold office, just wait to see what would happen if people actually had to look at the bills that were proposed. No one but the select few would read anything and would likely only vote for a bill if they were getting something out of it.
Then you run into the old problem... what do you do when the 51% vote the other 49% into oblivion?
My grater has many points, it's what makes it a grater.
Wow...never thought I'd see someone ask for less democracy.
We fought the revolutionary war for the right to govern ourselves.
We fought WW I and WWII in defense of Democracy.
Now you want to tell me these men died for nothing.
Separate names with a comma.