Decision time is coming for Obama

Analysis: Tough decision time for Obama on health - Yahoo! News

The cards are now being shuffled. When will he call the hand and say enough is enough.
To me, here's where Obama screwed this up.

Instead of rolling up his sleeves and crafting a draft of a HCR bill himself, then getting a "Blue Dog Coalition" to flesh it out and sponsor it, he just tosses the ball to those two complete moonbat IDIOTS Pelosi and Reid. They THEY delegated this to a couple of lapdogs to pad and sponsor, after they did the basic draft. And made it far too radical for their OWN party to swallow.

I believe the blame for this failure, IF it fails, is on Obama himself. He's a friggin lawyer and a former Senator, he could have ghost written this bill, gave it a better start, and probably could have gotten it passed pretty easily. And should have simply proposed fixing the leaky roof and the bad steps on the porch, fixing the plumbing and the electrical, draining the bathwater and drawing new, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water and tearing the whole house down and building a new, TRILLION dollar one.

This is now the THIRD time he's relied on Pelosi and Reid, and so far they are batting 0-3, with Cap and Trade obviously DOA in the Senate now.

Last edited:

The cards are now being shuffled. When will he call the hand and say enough is enough.

Instead of rolling up his sleeves and crafting a draft of a HCR bill himself, then getting a "Blue Dog Coalition" to flesh it out and sponsor it, he just tosses the ball to those two complete moonbat IDIOTS Pelosi and Reid. They THEY delegated this to a couple of lapdogs to pad and sponsor, after they did the basic draft. And made it far too radical for their OWN party to swallow.

I believe the blame for this failure, IF it fails, is on Obama himself. He's a friggin lawyer and a former Senator, he could have ghost written this bill, gave it a better start, and probably could have gotten it passed pretty easily.

This is now the THIRD time he's relied on Pelosi and Reid, and so far they are batting 0-3, with Cap and Trade obviously DOA in the Senate now.

Except he would have written the thing so badly he would have had the same problem, the intelligent non liberal lap dogs would never have agreed to it if he wrote it either, this way he can blame Reid and Pelosi.

I believe the blame for this failure, IF it fails, is on Obama himself. He's a friggin lawyer and a former Senator, he could have ghost written this bill, gave it a better start, and probably could have gotten it passed pretty easily.

Except he would have written the thing so badly he would have had the same problem, the intelligent non liberal lap dogs would never have agreed to it if he wrote it either, this way he can blame Reid and Pelosi.
I can't dispute that. But he sure as hell would at least have LOOKED more committed to getting something done, had he done what I suggest.

Let's take a look at the facts, Jack... Way back when, Hillary couldn't sell this dog and pony show to the American public. I hate to say it, but I believe she is a bit smarter than Obama, Pelosi and Reid. People thought the health care package she was trying to push off on Americans was way too expensive so It died a painful but swift death. The same thing is going to happen again this time around. It's too expensive. Just who is going to pay for it? It doesn't do anything constructive and it just grows the government. With that said, the Constitution does not allow for government controlled health care. That should be reason enough for most people - that is, if you believe in the Constitution. I would like to see some reforms of the current system. I agree that is needed but I strongly believe in a couple of principals here. The first, and most important, the government has no business in the health care business. The second, free health care is not a "right". I hope this babble will soon end and we can get Obama to move on to his next trillion dollar snake oil pitch to the American people.

I believe the blame for this failure, IF it fails, is on Obama himself. He's a friggin lawyer and a former Senator, he could have ghost written this bill, gave it a better start, and probably could have gotten it passed pretty easily. And should have simply proposed fixing the leaky roof and the bad steps on the porch, fixing the plumbing and the electrical, draining the bathwater and drawing new, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water and tearing the whole house down and building a new, TRILLION dollar one.

this is actually the first time i have agreed with you. he should have written the damn thing himself. i also believe they will pass something but whether or not its worth a damn is another thing. and cap and trade never stood a chance when it was written. that bill was just plain horrible.

They're attempting to unravel the tangled mess of our HC devliery systems, dealing with vested interests coming from wildly divergent places and you folks seem surprised that something so complex as this problem is still being debated?

Why?

They're attempting to unravel the tangled mess of our HC devliery systems, dealing with vested interests coming from wildly divergent places and you folks seem surprised that something so complex as this problem is still being debated?

Why?
Why?

Because instead of fixing the leaky roof, and the bad steps on the porch, fixing the plumbing and the electrical, draining the bathwater and drawing new, they are proposing tearing the whole house down and building a new, TRILLION dollar one and throwing the baby out with the bath water.

One that no one is sure will NOT also have a leaky roof, bad plumbing and electrical, bad steps on the porch, and bathwater full of baby shit and a crying baby!

They OVER REACHED. And this time, more reasonable folks like the 53 House "Blue Dogs" are saying, "Whoa. We bought into this song and dance already before and got stung. Let's talk about this."

It ain't over yet...
I don't see Obama changing anything. He's had his mind made up years ago and will never change.

I think he will have to blink. The public health care option seems to be slipping away. Instead I heard that health cooperative would be established. Government versus Non-Profit? All the Non-Profits I know are badly managed, even worse than guvment is.

Obama is having trouble getting things passed because he's not a Washington insider. If the dems wanted a health care plan, they should have nominated Hillary.

Forum List

Back