DECEMBER 21, 2011 4:00 A.M. The House, Harry Reid, and the Payroll Tax

Breaking news, the House will have a conference call and a possible vote tonight. GOP fallout, Yes!

Boehner/Cantor are toast. The dummies.

"______ is toast!! This has legs!!"

I can't tell you how many times I saw DUmmies make that breathless prediction, only to have it fall utterly flat.

You can't trust leftists to identify toast in an IHOP. :rofl:

Breaking news, the House will have a conference call and a possible vote tonight. GOP fallout, Yes!

I can't tell you how many times I saw DUmmies make that breathless prediction, only to have it fall utterly flat.

I never envisioned Sarah as one of the DUmmies...but a sniffer of the Huffpoo

Does anyone here truly think that voters will remember any of this political chicanery come November 2012? They'll remember one thing and one thing only - the economy stinks. Who do you think they'll blame? The House of representatives?? :lol:

No, they'll blame this idiot....

Obama_Teleprompter_idiot_poster.jpg
"Obama 2012 -- Who You Gonna Believe, Me Or Your Own Lyin' Bank Account?"

she's one of the lead dummies.

she's one of the lead dummies.
In either case explains why all one needs to do to refill her head with semblance of greymatter is blow in the ear...

True.

Extremely poorly done by the GOP.

It’s completely undermined the GOP tactic of accusing democrats of being ‘opposed to tax cuts,’ when republicans clearly demonstrated that they’re willing to defend tax cuts for the wealthy, but not for the middle class.

True.

Extremely poorly done by the GOP.

It’s completely undermined the GOP tactic of accusing democrats of being ‘opposed to tax cuts,’ when republicans clearly demonstrated that they’re willing to defend tax cuts for the wealthy, but not for the middle class.

do you want us to congratulate you for decimating social security and pressuring the Republicans to follow? well congratulations.

I am confused here.
Obama wanted the extension for twelve months, the House wanted the same thing.
Why does the Senate only want two months?

Obama is wanting to work with the Rep majority House, but the Dem Senate doesn't want to work with Obama?

:confused:

You are only confused here because you are thinking logically and care for the good of the country. Reid (senate majority leader) set this up knowing full well the house (like Obama as you pointed out) originally wanted the 1 year cut, would not agree to a 2 months extension of the payroll tax cut (the payroll tax is only there to fund Social Security). This allowed the Donks and Obama to politicize the House's principled stand on this issue as the GOP not favoring "tax cuts". It is merely a political trap set for the GOP members who decided they should fulfill their campaign promises to cut government spending and refuse to increase taxes. This is as cynical as it gets. The Dems political success here has only worked in their favor because many in the GOP house tried to live up to their campaign promises to flesh and blood Americans. Those points in my previous post would attempt to negate this but those GOPer's must recognize they cannot treat the left in a fair manner any longer.

As I said before, Dems would spin this as the GOP refusing a tax decrease and there is absolutely no reason the GOP cannot spin this as a Democratic effort to defund Social Security, but that would require the present Congressional GOP growing a pair of Balls and doing unto the Donks as they and the progressive left have been doing to them, and America in general, for over a hundred years. We do not need Republicans in Congress we need true conservatives in Congress. Again, McConnell and Boehner allowed the Donks to set this up and as such the fault falls clearly on the failure of the GOP leadership to communicate here, especially McConnell, he is way too moderate and used to compromise with the left. Blaming the left here is just stupid, it's like damning dogs who lick themselves...after all, it’s just what they do. Why? Because Republicans like McConnell allow the usual answer to this question: because the left, due to GOP leadership’s desire for compromise, can.

Merry Christmas to all!

JM

Forum List

Back