Debunking the Reagan Myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rayboyusmc, Jun 5, 2009.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    One caller on the Ed show today called up and was so incensed he waited an hour to tell the host that he was demonizing Reagan while deifying Obama.

The right has been so successful in the revisonist efforts on Ronny, they they actually believe he stopped the cold war and all other evils. Bullcrap. He was there at the right time and spoke well for an actor.

With his obscene I Am The Rich Trickle Down Theory, he began the war on destroying the middle class. I am still amazed by those in the current weakened and smaller middle class that still smile as he shoves his trickle down up your anal opening.:eek:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/opinion/21krugman.html

2. STAND4LIBERTY

STAND4LIBERTY Independent Libertarian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Oh come now, you're not seriously going to attempt to pass off Mr. Neokeynsian Paul Krugman as an unbiased source when it comes to President Reagan are you ? That's sort of like asking a sheep to comment on what he thinks about wolves don't you think?

Mr. Krugman would be perfectly qualified to debunk all the myths regarding FDR's economic policies if he could ever pull his head out of the keynesian clouds he exists in most of the time and take a whiff of the real world.

3. Fraulein Hilda

Fraulein Hilda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Ed who?

4. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Were you alive when Reagan was President????? You obviously don't beleive that he brought an end to the cold war, he did. We outspent the Russians and they went bankrupt and folded. As far as the trickle down theory, it works, the more people have of their own money to spend, save and invest, the more employment and opportunities available. It creates growth. ECON 101, maybe you should take the class. The more the government takes from the tax-payer, be they rich, middle class or somewhere else, the less the people have to spend, save and invest. Therefore, this creates the lack of jobs and opportunities. The government produces and sells NOTHING, they are virtually parasitic by nature.

You will realize this when Obama's 4 years are up, that trickle UP theory does not work.

I KNOW OF NO-ONE THAT WAS EVER HIRED BY A POOR PERSON. Do you?????

5. Fraulein Hilda

Fraulein Hilda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    If stimulus is the anti-trickle down, is it working?

6. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    The guy invaded Grenada, for chrissakes.

7. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Great, Krugman is biasssed, but you aren't? Win any major prizes for economics lately.

Yes, I was alive and still in the military. I voted for him the first time. As an actor, he spoke well and impressed US. After I saw what he was about: the rich, I didn't vote a second time for him. Deleted interest as a tax write off. Guess the rich don't need credit cards like we did then.

And I know of no rich person who was successful without labor to hire. Do you? It's just easier to dictate when there is one of you with money and a thousand without. That's why we had to have unions.

It's a two way street. The working class make the rich richer and honest not soley self centered rich understand this relationship and help make the working class richer also.

The current right powers don't get this. They think only one class can win. Fuck them and this belief.

There are some rich people who actually work to improve the overall common lot. There are others who simply want to die with all the marlbes and screw you and me.

8. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    [​IMG]

THE RONALD REAGAN MYTH . . . The Progressive Review

9. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147

Now if YOU can only come up with one single POOR person that has employed another POOR person--you may have a point--LOL Because of this there is NO SUCH thing as "trickle UP" economics. It's a fallacy--used by politicians to get the peasant vote--in their effort to create the war between the poor versus the "evil" rich.

Ronald Reagan did in fact stop the Cold War in it's tracks & he is the reason why there is no more an E. Germany/W. Germany.

Reagan also started the largest private sector job growth expansion that lead though-out the 80's--90's & 2000 by his belief that the "people" know how to spend their money better than the government.

And one of his most infamous quotes--still holds the TRUTH.

"Government is not the solution, it's the Problem" Ronald Reagan

Our federal government created the financial collapse we are currently in with their incompetent mismangement of Fannie/Freddie which in fact, is GROUND ZERO for this mess. 50% of the mortgages in this country were or are guaranteed by the American taxpayer. AIG--Fannie-Freddie were all deregulated in the 1990's.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html

Social security/Medicare will be the next government programs that will be the next economic crisis. "All government run programs."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. STAND4LIBERTY

STAND4LIBERTY Independent Libertarian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yes I hate to burst your bubble when it comes to the subject of President Reagan, Paul Krugman is FAR more biased than I am and economics prizes are completely irrelevant to the question, that's like me saying since I have more patents registered in my name than Krugman does I'm a more objective source on the subject.

Krugman's bias against Reaganomics is well known and perfectly natural since he is a neo-dare I say-HYPER keynesian after all. Hell I'll admit to being biased against Reagan myself since he's certainly no hero to the Austrian School either.

Try citing some objective sources on the subject, like say a credible presidential historian and at least a somewhat objective journalist (if you can find one, good luck with that) and maybe you'll be on to something, however offering up Krugman as such just makes what you have to say on the subject pure, unadulterated biased nonsense.