Debunked: One More Assault on Obamacare by the Ignorati

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Shame on CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo, and the media in general for not being as skeptical as duty demands:

QUOTE: "Please explain to me," she told Maria Bartiromo on CNBC Wednesday, "how my plan is a 'substandard' plan when ... I'd be paying more for the exchange plans than I am currently paying by a wide margin."

Bartiromo didn't take her up on her request. So I will.

The bottom line is that Cavallaro's assertion that "there's nothing affordable about the Affordable Care Act," as she put it Tuesday on NBC Channel 4, is the product of her own misunderstandings, abetted by a passel of uninformed and incurious news reporters.*
Her current plan, from Anthem Blue Cross, is a catastrophic coverage plan for which she pays $293 a month as an individual policyholder. It requires her to pay a deductible of $5,000 a year and limits her out-of-pocket costs to $8,500 a year. Her plan also limits her to two doctor visits a year, for which she shoulders a copay of $40 each. After that, she pays the whole cost of subsequent visits.

This fits the very definition of a nonconforming plan under Obamacare. The deductible and out-of-pocket maximums are too high, the provisions for doctor visits too skimpy.*

As for a replacement plan, she says she was quoted $478 a month by her insurance broker, but that's a lot more than she'll really be paying. Cavallaro told me she hasn't checked the website of Covered California, the state's health plan exchange, herself. I did so while we talked.*

Here's what I found. I won't divulge her current income, which is personal, but this year it qualifies her for a hefty federal premium subsidy.

At her age, she's eligible for a good "silver" plan for $333 a month after the subsidy -- $40 a month more than she's paying now. But the plan is much better than her current plan -- the deductible is $2,000, not $5,000. The maximum out-of-pocket expense is $6,350, not $8,500. Her co-pays would be $45 for a primary care visit and $65 for a specialty visit -- but all visits would be covered, not just two.*

Is that better than her current plan? Yes, by a mile.
Another Obamacare horror story debunked - latimes.com

Interesting stuff when you allow facts to get in the way of ignorance and ideology :eusa_whistle:

Oh yeah, Hiltzik is pretty good.
Remember when people hated their health insurance plans? - latimes.com

By Michael Hiltzik
October 31, 2013, 10:23 a.m.
The weirdest thing about the ongoing conniption about the cancellation of people's health insurance plans -- supposedly as a result of Obamacare -- is the notion that these are plans people liked, even loved.

When did that happen?*

It wasn't so long ago -- months, even weeks -- when the health insurance companies were being roundly cursed for their ruthless mistreatment of individual health plan customers. Constant rate hikes. Cancellations after policyholders got sick. Endless hoops to jump through to file a claim or appeal a rejection.

Now, thanks to political grandstanding in Congress, lazy news reporting and, yes, the administration's massive flub in launching its health exchange website, we're being led to believe that the pre-Obamacare era was a golden age of individual health insurance. And now, sadly, it's gone forever.

So let's take a stroll down memory lane.*
I like this guy's columns. He will talk straight, so even when his columns suggest I need to rethink or revisit an issue...I do. I may not ALWAYS agree with his opinions and conclusions, but I almost always see his as honest, gactual, and lackong in hyperbole (unless in jest).

D

man they are desperate is all I can say

good ole LaSlimes pumping out the worthless crap

It's going to take a whole slew of propaganda to clean up Obama piece of crap called, OfailCare....lol

the people hate it... might as well deal with it

Last edited:

It's going to take a whole slew of propaganda to clean up Obama piece of crap called, OfailCare....lol

No problem. Just pile lies on top of lies and the truth will soon be forgotten.

Please, don't let the undispited facts of the debunking get in the way of a wingnutty imbecilic rant :lol:

[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] is sooo cute when she's off her rocker
[MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION] [MENTION=44516]LTCArmyRet[/MENTION] [MENTION=23873]B. Kidd[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Dante you and your Party are fucked.
YOU are too stupid to understand any of it...
My phones are now ringing because Group Plans are cancelling...
You are simply fucked in the ass and too stupid to know it.

Dante is NOT a Democrat and you refute non of the facts.

Loser, sucks to be you :eusa_shhh:

Dante is NOT a Democrat and you refute non of the facts.

Loser, sucks to be you :eusa_shhh:

(smile) Dante is full of shit and his Prez and Party are going down hard.

Nigga plz....

So a woman used as a prime example of how the PPACA/Obamacare and the website are supposed to be failing is PROVEN to be ignorant, lazy, misinformed, and just plain wrong...

...and all wingnut nation has in retort is 'na, noo, nah noo, na, na, na...?

Ben Ghazzi, Ben Gay, and Ben Dover are demanding equal time. :laugh2:

Last edited:

Shame on CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo, and the media in general for not being as skeptical as duty demands:

QUOTE: "Please explain to me," she told Maria Bartiromo on CNBC Wednesday, "how my plan is a 'substandard' plan when ... I'd be paying more for the exchange plans than I am currently paying by a wide margin."

The bottom line is that Cavallaro's assertion that "there's nothing affordable about the Affordable Care Act," as she put it Tuesday on NBC Channel 4, is the product of her own misunderstandings, abetted by a passel of uninformed and incurious news reporters.*
Her current plan, from Anthem Blue Cross, is a catastrophic coverage plan for which she pays $293 a month as an individual policyholder. It requires her to pay a deductible of $5,000 a year and limits her out-of-pocket costs to $8,500 a year. Her plan also limits her to two doctor visits a year, for which she shoulders a copay of $40 each. After that, she pays the whole cost of subsequent visits.

This fits the very definition of a nonconforming plan under Obamacare. The deductible and out-of-pocket maximums are too high, the provisions for doctor visits too skimpy.*

As for a replacement plan, she says she was quoted $478 a month by her insurance broker, but that's a lot more than she'll really be paying. Cavallaro told me she hasn't checked the website of Covered California, the state's health plan exchange, herself. I did so while we talked.*

Here's what I found. I won't divulge her current income, which is personal, but this year it qualifies her for a hefty federal premium subsidy.

At her age, she's eligible for a good "silver" plan for $333 a month after the subsidy -- $40 a month more than she's paying now. But the plan is much better than her current plan -- the deductible is $2,000, not $5,000. The maximum out-of-pocket expense is $6,350, not $8,500. Her co-pays would be $45 for a primary care visit and $65 for a specialty visit -- but all visits would be covered, not just two.*

Interesting stuff when you allow facts to get in the way of ignorance and ideology :eusa_whistle:

No need to pull anecdotal "debunks" from the internets.

My plan is scheduled to be terminated Dec. 15. My insurer has offered an ACA-compliant policy with similarly-structured coverage. The cost? An extra 120% in premium. The so-called "Silver" ACA plan? An 80% increase in premium, with considerably higher deductibles.

I got a second quote from Blue Cross. Same-same.

You just can't win for losing can you, Mr. D.?

No need to pull anecdotal "debunks" from the internets.

My plan is scheduled to be terminated Dec. 15. My insurer has offered an ACA-compliant policy with similarly-structured coverage. The cost? An extra 120% in premium. The so-called "Silver" ACA plan? An 80% increase in premium, with considerably higher deductibles.

I got a second quote from Blue Cross. Same-same.

You just can't win for losing can you, Mr. D.?

Your income must be very high. Pay up! :lol:

Or, you are in need of somebody who actually KNOWS how to get you a similar plan and affordable coverage

Love to know your plan and payments now :eek:

Last edited:

How many more lies since this one has CNBC and FOX News pushed?

Forum List

Back