Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Under Speaker Pelosi

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
This Bitch is out of control.:evil:

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ‘No New Deficit Spending’
Monday,

October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

PELOSI-OBAMA-HEALTH%20CARE%20SIGNING-AP_1.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi holds one of the pens used by President Barack Obama to sign the health care bill, Tuesday, March 23, 2010, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

(CNSNews.com) - When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be “no new deficit spending.” Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department.

"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending,” Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker’s podium. “Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."

Pelosi has served as speaker in the 110th and 111th Congresses.

At the close of business on Jan. 4, 2007, Pelosi’s first day as speaker, the national debt was $8,670,596,242,973.04 (8.67 trillion), according to the Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the U.S. Treasury Department. At the close of business on Oct. 22, it stood at $13,667,983,325,978.31 (13.67 trillion), an increase of 4,997,387,083,005.27 (or approximately $5 trillion).

Pelosi, the 60th speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, has added more to the national debt than the first 57 House speakers combined

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ?No New Deficit Spending? | CNSnews.com

The good news is that this debt could be liquidated many times over by abolishing the (private) Federal Reserve and confiscating the assets looted over nearly 100 years from ordinary Americans.

Last edited:

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ‘No New Deficit Spending’
Monday,

October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi holds one of the pens used by President Barack Obama to sign the health care bill, Tuesday, March 23, 2010, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

(CNSNews.com) - When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be “no new deficit spending.” Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department.

"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending,” Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker’s podium. “Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."

At the close of business on Jan. 4, 2007, Pelosi’s first day as speaker, the national debt was $8,670,596,242,973.04 (8.67 trillion), according to the Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the U.S. Treasury Department. At the close of business on Oct. 22, it stood at $13,667,983,325,978.31 (13.67 trillion), an increase of 4,997,387,083,005.27 (or approximately $5 trillion).

Pelosi, the 60th speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, has added more to the national debt than the first 57 House speakers combined

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ?No New Deficit Spending? | CNSnews.com
As I have shown many times before, CON$ will argue one thing today and the opposite the next day depending on what suits their spin.

If you remember when CON$ were claiming that Obama was TRIPLING Bush's biggest deficit year which was 2008, they claimed the Bush deficit for 2008 was $410 Billion, but now that they want to blame Bush's deficit spending on Pelosi they claim the 2008 deficit was $1.438 Trillion.

For the Bush Budget years 2007, 2008 and 2009 the CON$ claim a total deficit of $979 Billion, but for the Pelosi Budget years 2007, 2008, and 2009 the CON$ claim a total deficit of $3.6 Trillion.

You have to admire the shamelessness of CON$ervative liars!

Monday,

October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

As I have shown many times before, CON$ will argue one thing today and the opposite the next day depending on what suits their spin.If you remember when CON$ were claiming that Obama was TRIPLING Bush's biggest deficit year which was 2008, they claimed the Bush deficit for 2008 was $410 Billion, but now that they want to blame Bush's deficit spending on Pelosi they claim the 2008 deficit was $1.438 Trillion.

For the Bush Budget years 2007, 2008 and 2009 the CON$ claim a total deficit of $979 Billion, but for the Pelosi Budget years 2007, 2008, and 2009 the CON$ claim a total deficit of $3.6 Trillion.

Isn't that just what the democrats do? What a hypocrite

Monday,

October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

As I have shown many times before, CON$ will argue one thing today and the opposite the next day depending on what suits their spin.If you remember when CON$ were claiming that Obama was TRIPLING Bush's biggest deficit year which was 2008, they claimed the Bush deficit for 2008 was $410 Billion, but now that they want to blame Bush's deficit spending on Pelosi they claim the 2008 deficit was $1.438 Trillion.

No.

As you well know Obama has not put the Bush wars deficit spending, etc., "OFF BUDGET."

And the Hypocrisy is CON$ not counting Bush's "OFF BUDGET" deficit spending as deficit spending, but counting Bush's "OFF BUDGET" deficit spending as deficit spending when "calculating" Pelosi's deficit spending.

But thank you for again proving that when CON$ are confronted with their lies they never admit the truth, but instead resort to the first quote in my sig.

Monday,

October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

As I have shown many times before, CON$ will argue one thing today and the opposite the next day depending on what suits their spin.

If you remember when CON$ were claiming that Obama was TRIPLING Bush's biggest deficit year which was 2008, they claimed the Bush deficit for 2008 was $410 Billion, but now that they want to blame Bush's deficit spending on Pelosi they claim the 2008 deficit was $1.438 Trillion.

I hope we can all agree that Bush spent too much money also, but congress writes the budget when Pelosi took over the defect as a percentage of GDP was 1.14% now it is 10.64% here you go genus..

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

No.

As you well know Obama has not put the Bush wars deficit spending, etc., "OFF BUDGET."

And the Hypocrisy is CON$ not counting Bush's "OFF BUDGET" deficit spending as deficit spending, but counting Bush's "OFF BUDGET" deficit spending as deficit spending when "calculating" Pelosi's deficit spending.

But thank you for again proving that when CON$ are confronted with their lies they never admit the truth, but instead resort to the first quote in my sig.
Your so full of bullshit that I just know your eyes are brown. You keep spinning for "Your Team", sonny....you fool no one. Try that Alinsky #11 crap...you sound rediculious. :lol:

No.

Your so full of bullshit that I just know your eyes are brown. You keep spinning for "Your Team", sonny....you fool no one. Try that Alinsky #11 crap...you sound rediculious. :lol:

He trolls from thread to thread with same BS and lies....:eusa_liar:

CON$ can only argue by ad hominem, they can't argue with facts.

Below are the claimed budget deficits for the 8 Bush years:

Federal budgets, deficits during the Bush years
Spending: $2.01 trillion
 Deficit: $157.8 billion
Spending: $2.16T 
Deficit: $377.6B
Spending: $2.29T
 Deficit: $412.7B
Spending: $2.47T 
Deficit: $318.3B
Spending: $2.66T 
Deficit: $248.2B
Spending: $2.73T 
Deficit: $162B
2008 (estimated)
Spending: $2.93 T
Deficit: $410B
2009 (estimated)
Spending: $3.11 T
Deficit: $407.4B

For a total deficit of $2.5 Trillion claimed for Bush's 8 budgets.
But somehow the National debt rose $6 Trillion from $5,806,151,389,190.21 to $11,909,829,003,511.75 during that exact same period. That means Bush kept $3.5 Trillion in deficit spending "off budget."

Last edited:

Looks like I called it.

Looks like I called it.
You didn't call diddly.

I said nothing about bad or good, that is just your desperate attempt at deflection. I merely pointed out how CON$ use two very different deficit numbers for the exact same period of time. So if you were honest you would have paraphrased my post as CON$ claim GOP debt tiny, Dem debt gigantic.

Let's also throw into the mix that Pelosi promised to run 'the most ethical and transparent Congress in history'. Well, she failed at that too. We've slipped DOWN the world ranking for 2009/10. We now rank just 22nd. And yet, not one liberal has the courage to address this.

Ed,
I'm a "con" but I have made no claims about deficits or budgets under Bush or Pelosi. Since you obviously have access to the real numbers, and us cons do not, would you please tell me what the deficit was when Pelosi became speaker and what is it today?

Thanks in advance

Ed,
I'm a "con" but I have made no claims about deficits or budgets under Bush or Pelosi. Since you obviously have access to the real numbers, and us cons do not, would you please tell me what the deficit was when Pelosi became speaker and what is it today?

Thanks in advance
Obviously you are a CON$ervative because you want to be TOLD rather than figure things out for yourself. All that meaningless info is already posted in this thread, just try reading it.

The deficit is mostly the money poured down the rat-hole of Bush's wars and interest on the $9 trillion in debt run up by 9/11 Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II.

Ed,

Thanks in advance
Obviously you are a CON$ervative because you want to be TOLD rather than figure things out for yourself. All that meaningless info is already posted in this thread, just try reading it.

The deficit is mostly the money poured down the rat-hole of Bush's wars and interest on the $9 trillion in debt run up by 9/11 Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II.

deflection

CON$ can only argue by ad hominem, they can't argue with facts.

Below are the claimed budget deficits for the 8 Bush years:

Federal budgets, deficits during the Bush years
Spending: $2.01 trillion
 Deficit: $157.8 billion
Spending: $2.16T 
Deficit: $377.6B
Spending: $2.29T
 Deficit: $412.7B
Spending: $2.47T 
Deficit: $318.3B
Spending: $2.66T 
Deficit: $248.2B
Spending: $2.73T 
Deficit: $162B
2008 (estimated)
Spending: $2.93 T
Deficit: $410B
2009 (estimated)
Spending: $3.11 T
Deficit: $407.4B

For a total deficit of $2.5 Trillion claimed for Bush's 8 budgets.
But somehow the National debt rose $6 Trillion from $5,806,151,389,190.21 to $11,909,829,003,511.75 during that exact same period. That means Bush kept $3.5 Trillion in deficit spending "off budget."

$wapoobamabudget1.jpg

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Ed,

Thanks in advance

No, it isn't. You say every number everyone else has posted is incorrect, and the only number you've given is a number for bush's entire administration. I'd like to know what was the deficit the day Pelosi became Speaker, and what is it today.

You're obviously an expert, as you've corrected everyone who has posted in this thread, so I am asking you based on your expertise.

Again, thanks in advance

Forum List

Back