Debt Clock....

So the non-partisan people who actually think are cretins?

interesting...

Huh?

I think we have another partisan moron on our hands, folks

Fine, I'll bite- Sure, when the democrats took over and began calling attention to the budget problems

sure- when the dems took over and drove the nation further into the hole

take whichever response your retarded partisan mind wants to hear and go away

Yeah, that quote shows great cognitive thinking on your part. :lol:

You have yet to answer how Obama who is tripling Bush's deficit and doing it in half the time Bush doubled it is GOOD. You have failed to explain how borrowing 50 cents on every dollar the Government spends is GOOD. All you are doing is attacking people. Par for the course though so no big news there.

Anyone on the left want to answer this question?? It's been asked numerous times and I've never seen a real answer on it. How 'bout stepping up to the plate?

Huh?

Yeah, that quote shows great cognitive thinking on your part. :lol:

You have yet to answer how Obama who is tripling Bush's deficit and doing it in half the time Bush doubled it is GOOD. You have failed to explain how borrowing 50 cents on every dollar the Government spends is GOOD. All you are doing is attacking people. Par for the course though so no big news there.

Anyone on the left want to answer this question?? It's been asked numerous times and I've never seen a real answer on it. How 'bout stepping up to the plate?

Nobody answers it because it comes from a false premise. Obama is not tripling the deficit or the debt. The Bush administration and congress left an $11 trillion dollar debt and a $600 billion dollar deficit. The fact is, some of the money has already been paid back and more to come. The money we dropped in Iraq, around $4 trillion will never be paid back.

This is scaring people because extreme times in near depression call for extreme measures.

It has been answered many times ZB just not the answers Rs want to hear right now. I must admit, I am not exactly comfy and cozy about spending so much when I know taxes will have to be raised eventually but you all are not exactly innocent in this.

Here is a pretty good article having to do with the blame game. I'm sure nobody wants to read it through because it shows how silly it is for both sides to sit back and point our fingers but it makes a lot of sense.

The Deficit Blame Game
10 Jun 2009 04:35 pm

I am a long-time believer in the notion that nobody cares about the budget deficit. People say they care about the budget deficit, but people say they care about a lot of things. Almost everything, in fact. What people flogging the budget deficit actually care about is the programs it goes to pay for. Every time the presidential party turns over, I get the pleasure of watching deficit-hawk Democrats suddenly discover that borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars actually has no moral or economic implications, especially when compared to national health care. Meanwhile, Republican scientists who presumably spent the last eight years locked in a vault in the basement of Heritage run out into the metaphorical street screaming that they have just made a shocking, horrible, and totally unexpected new discovery: budget deficits will make the economy melt down into a pool of manufacturing-depleted sludge, and also, cause rabies.

The Deficit Blame Game - Megan McArdle

It's funny but I rarely saw the link to this debt clock over the last 8 years when the debt really was skyrocketing. Now that Obama is trying to tackle the recession and help get us back on track, it appears as if this is all his doing.

Incredible.

[youtube]P5yxFtTwDcc[/youtube]

This is why we are freaked!!! He's going FOUR times faster than Bush did.

DEBT - a story
It is the month of August, on the shores of the Black Sea.

It is raining, and the little town looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit

Suddenly, a rich tourist comes to town.

He enters the only hotel, lays a 100 Euro note on the

reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs

in order to pick one.

The hotel proprietor takes the 100 Euro note and runs
to pay his debt to the butcher.

The Butcher takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay
his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig grower takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay
his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.

The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 Euro note and
runs to pay his debt to the town's prostitute that in these
hard times, gave her "services" on credit.

The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with
the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the
rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.

The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back
on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect
anything.

At that moment, the rich tourist comes down after inspecting
the rooms, and takes his 100 Euro note, after saying that
he did not like any of the rooms, and leaves town.

No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism..

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States Government is doing business today.

And if that doesn't scare the shit out of you then you're brain dead!

Why must these matters be so over-simplified as to pin them to a particular president, as if the president even has the power of the purse?

In fairness to the left, this massive debt increase started under Bush's watch, and if you want to get really technical, it started getting bad enough to even mention under Reagan's.

Both parties have spent like lunatics for decades now, so there's really no point in bickering over who spends less. They've BOTH dug our financial graves for us.

Right now, the keynesians are spending in droves to try and "save" us from a catastrophic collapse, which is why the spending has become so exponentially higher since Obama took office.

Considering that anyone who would hold the office of POTUS in this day and age would be a keynesian, let's not pretend there wouldn't have been any less spending under McCain, had he won the election.

They all talk a good talk during the campaign, but does anyone here REALLY have any illusions that the OTHER side would have been better? Since when has the OTHER side been better, no matter WHO it is?

Government hasn't had the PEOPLE'S back since our fucking grandparents were the working generation.

Why must these matters be so over-simplified as to pin them to a particular president, as if the president even has the power of the purse?

In fairness to the left, this massive debt increase started under Bush's watch, and if you want to get really technical, it started getting bad enough to even mention under Reagan's.

Both parties have spent like lunatics for decades now, so there's really no point in bickering over who spends less. They've BOTH dug our financial graves for us.

Right now, the keynesians are spending in droves to try and "save" us from a catastrophic collapse, which is why the spending has become so exponentially higher since Obama took office.

Considering that anyone who would hold the office of POTUS in this day and age would be a keynesian, let's not pretend there wouldn't have been any less spending under McCain, had he won the election.

They all talk a good talk during the campaign, but does anyone here REALLY have any illusions that the OTHER side would have been better? Since when has the OTHER side been better, no matter WHO it is?

Government hasn't had the PEOPLE'S back since our fucking grandparents were the working generation.

Wait a minute. What's going on today is far from classical Keynes. Solid investment in infrastructure assets is one thing, handing over trillions to banks is another. When they started calling debt, structures and assets is where I got off the bus. But, your right. Everyone is guilty of looking away on this one and it goes back a long way. The ICTEA act by Bush Sr. was probably the last real common sense effort made by anyone to set many things straight but, of course, it's been smothered and watered down ever since.

Just putting up the debt clock doesn't work for liberal people, because they don't know how to read the signs.

The debt clock in 2008 at this time was $9.6 Trillion. U.S. National Debt Clock 2008
Barrack Hussein Obama told George Bush that this unprecedented debt left for our children was unpatriotic.
The debt clock today is $19.95 Trillion. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
So when Obama has increased the debt over $10 Trillion dollars, will the children and grandchildren be owing such unpatriotic debt left by Obama and his Democrats?

Also there is $5 Trillion of debt that the Federal Reserve(banks not government) from QE forever. Does that get added to the National Debt or do the banks start to steal money from their customers to pay for Obama's cheap money?

Forum List

Back