Debt Battle Revealed Tea Party’s Many Divisions

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Debt Battle Revealed Tea Party

The vast majority of freshmen Republican representatives backed Boehner, not the activist groups. The vast majority of members of the Republican Study Committee aligned with the speaker, not their committee leader. Many members of Congress who are strongly associated with the Tea Parties backed the Boehner bill, too, among them Renee Ellmers of North Carolina, Allen West of Florida and James Lankford of Oklahoma.

The same thing happened this spring, when most House Republicans voted for a deal to keep the government open even though the activist groups said they would score that vote negatively. Only 59 Republicans voted no -- and again, most freshmen and most Republican Study Committee members sided with Boehner.

What happened last week was that about 12 percent of House Republicans thought that they could use the sheer force of their willpower as leverage to get a constitutional amendment. It was never going to work, of course. They may have thought it would because some activists, often described in the news media as “leaders” or “spokesmen” for a vast movement, said it would. But these activists do not speak for all or even a large fraction of the people who share their limited-government principles, especially on strategic or tactical questions.

With this known I'm surprised the forum Tea Party lovebirds aren't calling the Tea Party Caucus RINOS, :lol: The activists are lame for thinking they could control Washington with their threats of putting more extreme rightwingers in office over whats already in there.

The Tebastirds in this forum are like those disillusioned young girls who stick with a cheating boyfriend and believe he's the best thing in the world, even if he is openly cheating before their very eyes, lol, too stuck on stupid to see that they've been bamboozled and hoodwinked, they still think they've "won" the debt battle.

Oh boy, ANOTHER stupid article about the Tea Party.

and if they wanted to use "sheer force" that would put them in the same league with Nancy Pelosi.:lol:

The Republicans and Democrats better be worried. The Tea Party took out a few career Republican representatives and a shit load of Democrats in November and they are making a list for 2012..

Last edited:

and if they wanted to use "sheer force" that would put them in the same league with Nancy Pelosi.:lol:

The Republicans and Democrats better be worried. The Tea Party took out a few career Republican representatives and a shit load of Democrats in November and they are making a list for 2012..

Just as I thought you acted just as I knew you would, in denial. Shut up.

Why dont you add up the numbers. You can add cant you? How many repubs voted against the package.

Thanks for playing.

Debt Battle Revealed Tea Party

The vast majority of freshmen Republican representatives backed Boehner, not the activist groups. The vast majority of members of the Republican Study Committee aligned with the speaker, not their committee leader. Many members of Congress who are strongly associated with the Tea Parties backed the Boehner bill, too, among them Renee Ellmers of North Carolina, Allen West of Florida and James Lankford of Oklahoma.

The same thing happened this spring, when most House Republicans voted for a deal to keep the government open even though the activist groups said they would score that vote negatively. Only 59 Republicans voted no -- and again, most freshmen and most Republican Study Committee members sided with Boehner.

What happened last week was that about 12 percent of House Republicans thought that they could use the sheer force of their willpower as leverage to get a constitutional amendment. It was never going to work, of course. They may have thought it would because some activists, often described in the news media as “leaders” or “spokesmen” for a vast movement, said it would. But these activists do not speak for all or even a large fraction of the people who share their limited-government principles, especially on strategic or tactical questions.

With this known I'm surprised the forum Tea Party lovebirds aren't calling the Tea Party Caucus RINOS, :lol: The activists are lame for thinking they could control Washington with their threats of putting more extreme rightwingers in office over whats already in there.

The Tebastirds in this forum are like those disillusioned young girls who stick with a cheating boyfriend and believe he's the best thing in the world, even if he is openly cheating before their very eyes, lol, too stuck on stupid to see that they've been bamboozled and hoodwinked, they still think they've "won" the debt battle.

and you started a Thread calling Republicans "Broken Records?"........:eusa_eh:

I wonder how long any of these tea party people will take to be bought out by the powers that buy most of our reps.

They will be easy to buy because many of their core ideas are right in line with what these powers want to happen.

Its harder to buy dems because their platform in not in line with the powers that corrupt our representation

Last edited:

well little one, with that sentence you might want to think about shutting up.:lol:

It would be very interesting to know the particulars of the funding for the TP movement.

Oh I know that Koch is supposedly its major funder, but who gets the money and who decides how and where it is spent?

It would be very interesting to know the particulars of the funding for the TP movement.

Oh I know that Koch is supposedly its major funder, but who gets the money and who decides how and where it is spent?

That would be interesting to know, these Kochs are using idiots and threats to try and control Washington, I think the days of the Tea Party scaring Republicans who don't lean far right enough with being voted out are over, when it came down to it most of those Tea Party congressman followed suit and acted like mainstream Republicans.

well little one, with that sentence you might want to think about shutting up.:lol:

Shut up.

Its harder to buy dems because their platform in not in line with the powers that corrupt our representation
The biggest bought and paid for politician is the President.

yep, but they are too stupid to see that. He is giving AWAY their hard earned money to his special interest buddies to get reelected, yet they cheer him on..
sad to watch

Last edited:
I wonder how long any of these tea party people will take to be bought out by the powers that buy most of our reps.

They will be easy to buy because many of their core ideas are right in line with what these powers want to happen.

:lol:.......they did their job with you.....

No one should be cheering this deal because nobody won shat, somebody stands to lose and its going to be the middle class and below, the politicians who brokered this "deal" and the rich are not going to feel a pinch of this except the power hungry people.

Did you really just say “it’s harder to by dems”?

Not sure why this was moved to Romper Room as it demonstrates a consistent sentiment in American history? The tea party is representative of the populist movement George Wallace started in the sixties, whether it be immigrants, a particular religious or ethnic group, or race, changing societies always bring out the worst in people. The tea party does nothing good for America but money and power mixed with hatred of the other rarely do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/131004-the-tea-party-and-the-kkk-5.html#post3951055

You're in denial if you believe the bullshit the media and the Democraps keep telling you.

Not sure why this was moved to Romper Room as it demonstrates a consistent sentiment in American history? The tea party is representative of the populist movement George Wallace started in the sixties, whether it be immigrants, a particular religious or ethnic group, or race, changing societies always bring out the worst in people. The tea party does nothing good for America but money and power mixed with hatred of the other rarely do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/131004-the-tea-party-and-the-kkk-5.html#post3951055

George Wallace was a Democrat you tool.

Forum List

Back