debating the war

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Does anyone else think it's odd that the libs are still trying to debate the war in Iraq? All i hear lately is how Sheehan is going to help them bring the debate to the American people and get the discussion about the war going. It's odd to me.

Whenever I hear that, I am just thinking to myself, where have they been? I know libs can be alittle more into drugs than alot of other Americans, have they been so high that they missed the past 4 years? We've discussed the Iraq war to death. We've not only kicked the dead horse, we cut it up, dropped a couple of grenades and the horse is covered with flies and magots now.

The debates over. In fact, its essentially been over since we went into Iraq. We discussed the situation. Both sides said their piece and then we liberated Iraq. When do you think the left is going to figure this out?

What they really want is to undermine the support even more by discussing it ad infinitum. They believe that if people believe it is a "quagmire" and a "losing battle" then we will vote for Dems in the next election. It is all for political power, not for the good of the country or their own sensibilities. People have died for their freedom in Iraq, we need to respect that and continue until we can insure they can keep their freedom before leaving.

My gut tells me that they know full well that US presence is needed there and the WOT will be a long as as Bush said it would be YEARS ago but it's the only issue that can keep them noticed and the only issue that can keep the lib media afloat. I have to keep reminding them that we are not fighting Iraqis and that it is only one front in a global war.

Mini said:
Thanks. I look forward to posting here. For the last few days I have been reading the boards and finally decided to take part. :)

No problem, jump in!

Forum List

Back