Debates!

NBarnes12

Rookie
Jun 21, 2012
So I came across a site called debate.org the other day and it was very appealing. Basically, two people come up with a topic and the topic has to be approved by both parties.

I thought it would be a terrific idea to have that here, but politics related. Anyone interested?

Also, to determine the winner of the debate, people will put together a vote.

No, it has to be approved by both of the parties debating or else there would be no debate?

Example: If I challenge someone to a debate on the War in Iraq, both of us have to accept the debate.

Also, there will have to be a criteria for debating because we are trying to eliminate the bias.

No, it has to be approved by both of the parties debating or else there would be no debate?

Example: If I challenge someone to a debate on the War in Iraq, both of us have to accept the debate.

Also, there will have to be a criteria for debating because we are trying to eliminate the bias.
Yeah...Or toss up softball questions.

What if both sides declined to answer the posed questions?...You telling me that wouldn't make you the slightest bit curious as to why?

So I came across a site called debate.org the other day and it was very appealing. Basically, two people come up with a topic and the topic has to be approved by both parties.

I thought it would be a terrific idea to have that here, but politics related. Anyone interested?

Sure...but it would need to be in a different forum.

Structured debate is not really feasible on boards like this. I've been on highly moderated boards and they suck, it's too much like taking this seriously.

Since this site is 80% right wingers, it would never work.

Again a massive Exaggeration of the Facts.

This guy seems to have aversion to the facts and an extreme Case of Ideological partisan Blindness.

And some pretty weak Debating skills.

lol

Last edited:

This guy seems to have aversion to the facts and an extreme Case of Ideological partisan Blindness.

lol

Add to that the fact that you can't make an argument to save your ass.....

Both of you clowns recently had a temper tantrum, left me neg rep and nasty comments after you got your rears handed to you by yours truly,..

Though the hard right lean of this this site is pretty obvious,..

lol

Add to that the fact that you can't make an argument to save your ass.....

Both of you clowns recently had a temper tantrum, left me neg rep and nasty comments after you got your rears handed to you by yours truly,..

Though the hard right lean of this this site is pretty obvious,..

Another lie, I neg Repped a Post you made with out responding at all MORON. Because you are a flaming Ideological Asshole and a liar. If you must know. lol Judging by the Fact you have 720 Post and a 0 rep, I am guessing you get a lot of them.

Do you ever tell the Truth?

Like I told you, You have Partisan Ideological Blinders on. You don't know the Difference between a Right winger and a Moderate. You Think anyone slightly to the Right of you is Right wing.

You are the extremist. You are so far left everyone else looks right to you.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
I'm sure we can come up with some criteria for a good debating game. Any additional ideas?

New Topics

Forum List

Back