Debate rivals skewer Emanuel on immigration reform

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
As chief of staff to President Obama, Rahm Emanuel slapped down every attempt to help the plight of illegal immigrants, his three rivals said during the last mayoral debate Thursday night.

“You have been, Mr. Emanuel, shown to be directly involved with killing the Dream Act” to help children of illegal immigrants, former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun told Emanuel.

After the debate, Braun said: “The Dream act was pretty straight-forward. This was not rocket science. Kids who were born here could continue to go to college. It was an easy vote. It was an easy activity for the president, and Mr. Emanuel stood in the way.”

City Clerk Miguel del Valle also accused Emanuel of throwing immigrants’ causes under the bus.

“The fact of the matter is Rahm referred to immigration as ‘the third rail of politics,’ and he advised his colleagues in Congress not to pursue immigration reform,” del Valle said. “And then as chief of staff to the president, he also advised the president not to pursue immigration reform in his first year of his administration.”

Emanuel defended himself after the debate, saying he did not kill The Dream Act and describing immigration reform as a thorny issue no president has been able to tackle since Reagan.

“I don’t now how they know what I advised the president because I can’t tell you or will I tell you what I advised the president — it’s private,” Emanuel said after the debate. “He made the decision, as president, what to move forward, and those are the things he moved forward.”

Read more at:
Debate rivals skewer Emanuel on immigration reform - Chicago Sun-Times

BTW this question was asked by a UNIVISION LA RAZA rep.

I watch this debate and I must say that all the candidates kissed LA RAZA ass but Emanual did duck many direct questions about immigration brilliantly. He's the least of the evils.

Folks, fellow Americans:

If you love your country.

If you cherish freedom.

If you wish to honor the patriots, our sacred dead.

If you want the American way of to endure, direct action against the LA RAZA must take place and Latin America must be held accountable for the invasion of the United States.

There is no living with these invaders.

Forum List

Back