Debate over possible domestic oil production, again

Earth Energy says it will deploy a "revolutionary" new extraction process in Utah using a citrus-based solvent that "leaves behind no toxic chemicals" or the need for retention ponds, ensuring it doesn't harm wildlife or other natural resources.

Why would Utah lease the acreage in the first place? Why would they approve of the project?
I doubt these concessions are handed out willy-nilly.

Environmentalist don't want to admit that there are abundant hydrocarbon resources in this country that can be extracted with minimal impact. Keep it out of sight- keep it out of mind.

Make room for the windmills and solar panels.

Yep, asses would tear up the nation for a dollar.

Old Rocks in the head...

Why do we have the sneaking suspicion that even if this was done without profit, you and your ilk would STILL be against it...

How about you cut back and work for only that compensation that you absolutely need to live....?? If profit is so evil

A 62 acre pilot project, and all of a sudden the red flags are waving. Hell, this may go nowhere.

The millions of dollars that will undoubtedly be invested before the first drop of oil is sold, yet three words are all it takes to whip a gullible public into a frenzy: widespread wilderness destruction.

Tough shit s0n...........its the sentiment of the nation that is now paying near $5 a gallon. The environmental retards have been fcukking over the regular folks for decades with thier anti-capitalism BS agenda.

Its coming to an end so fast, these assholes heads are going to spin!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Oh and by the way...........assholes like Old Rocks want all Americans to drive gay cars like this.............

smart-car-3.jpg

Fcukk that shit..............

Regular American non-limpwristed men wouldnt be caught dead in one...............much rather be driving something ike this.............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIZ9tCTloo&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIZ9tCTloo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Look how many hits this video has gotten on the internet!!!!!! ( the driver 0f the Cobra tunes my car......Mustang Magic, Deer Park, New York. Done many burnouts right in front of the same building........but nothing like that car in the vid)

Theres an infinite supply of oil out there waiting to be drilled............time to go drill for it and stop this retarded nonsense.

Last edited:
It sounds like the major environmental issues are:
Produces more greenhouse gases than traditional production, water and land pollution. It takes two tons of oil sand to produce one barrel of oil.

Yes, I would say it will be very controversial.

Produces more greenhouse gases than traditional production, water and land pollution. It takes two tons of oil sand to produce one barrel of oil.

Another k00k with the political IQ of a small soap dish..............maybe thats him driving that little gay bike to work??

Hmmm..........lets see. What possible decision is the typical working American going to make.

1) Feed my family

OR

2) Worry about greenhouse gases?

untitled-16.jpg
[/IMG]

If it takes 100 tons of oil sand, they wont give a shit...............trust me s0n!!!

Last edited:

4,000 pounds of sand soaked with 42 gallons of heavy oil isn't that large of a volume. This company claims it can remediate the sand to near-beach quality.

As for "greenhouse gases", manufacturing windmills and solar panels carries its fair share of environmental side effects.

Tough shit s0n...........its the sentiment of the nation that is now paying near $5 a gallon. The environmental retards have been fcukking over the regular folks for decades with thier anti-capitalism BS agenda.

Its coming to an end so fast, these assholes heads are going to spin!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Oh and by the way...........assholes like Old Rocks want all Americans to drive gay cars like this.............

smart-car-3.jpg

Fcukk that shit..............

Regular American non-limpwristed men wouldnt be caught dead in one...............much rather be driving something ike this.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIZ9tCTloo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Burnout[/ame]

Look how many hits this video has gotten on the internet!!!!!! ( the driver 0f the Cobra tunes my car......Mustang Magic, Deer Park, New York. Done many burnouts right in front of the same building........but nothing like that car in the vid)

Theres an infinite supply of oil out there waiting to be drilled............time to go drill for it and stop this retarded nonsense.
Urban Dictionary: driveway penis

driveway penis
An expensive or sporty car purchased to make up for one's sexual inadequacy.

4,000 pounds of sand soaked with 42 gallons of heavy oil isn't that large of a volume. This company claims it can remediate the sand to near-beach quality.

As for "greenhouse gases", manufacturing windmills and solar panels carries its fair share of environmental side effects.
The environmental impact of the production and use of solar cells and windmills is minuscule compared to oil from tar sand.

Earth Energy says it will deploy a "revolutionary" new extraction process in Utah using a citrus-based solvent that "leaves behind no toxic chemicals" or the need for retention ponds, ensuring it doesn't harm wildlife or other natural resources.

Why would Utah lease the acreage in the first place? Why would they approve of the project?

Environmentalist don't want to admit that there are abundant hydrocarbon resources in this country that can be extracted with minimal impact. Keep it out of sight- keep it out of mind.

I will believe that minimal impact when I see it. In the meantime, why would Utah hand out those permits? No, the permits are not handed out willy-nilly. Bribes are always directed where they will do the most good, no matter what form they take.

Old Rocks in the head...

Why do we have the sneaking suspicion that even if this was done without profit, you and your ilk would STILL be against it...

How about you cut back and work for only that compensation that you absolutely need to live....?? If profit is so evil

Dumb ass. Whether it is done at a profit or a loss is not the issue, the effect on the environment, water and CO2 emissions, it the issue.

I will believe that minimal impact when I see it. In the meantime, why would Utah hand out those permits? No, the permits are not handed out willy-nilly. Bribes are always directed where they will do the most good, no matter what form they take.

This assumption fits with the foregone conclusion that the project is destined to become an environmental disaster. It seems when the hydrocarbon industries sneeze, the accusations fly. Is it better to do absolutely nothing in this arena of tar sands development? Or should new processes be explored and implemented (as this company seems to be planning) that could ameliorate a potentially hazardous practice?

Forum List

Back