Debate Audience Was Filled With GOP Insiders

RNC Under Fire Over Debate Audience Stacking-Local GOP Chairman Confirms Party Donors Get Debate Tickets - Breitbart

That means a significant proportion of his stack of approximately 24 tickets went to monied interests backing the GOP—not to actual voters in the upcoming election.

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.

Trump got booed because he is an asshole, not because the deck was stacked against him. I'm sure he got to put in his fair share of people in the audience, he wouldn't have agreed to an unfair allocation of tickets. So it's bullshit for him to claim otherwise.

Trump's bluster is starting to wear thin, especially when he misrepresents facts and attacks anyone who questions them.

Trump got booed because he is an asshole, not because the deck was stacked against him. I'm sure he got to put in his fair share of people in the audience, he wouldn't have agreed to an unfair allocation of tickets. So it's bullshit for him to claim otherwise.
The crowd was luke warm for him, but he was applauded and cheered, as well. Just not when he slammed the Bush family or the crowd itself for being "donors." He should pay attention to the boos.
Did anyone notice the moderator seemed terrified? Reminded me of my early student teaching days in Grade 7--like being on a wild horse and hanging on for dear life.

RNC Under Fire Over Debate Audience Stacking-Local GOP Chairman Confirms Party Donors Get Debate Tickets - Breitbart

That means a significant proportion of his stack of approximately 24 tickets went to monied interests backing the GOP—not to actual voters in the upcoming election.

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.
What's the big deal about seeing a debate live rather than on tv? You can probably see and hear better from home.

Was the audience “loaded” in favor or certain candidates?

The Republican National Committee distributed 367 tickets, while local officials got another 550 tickets. Debate partners like CBS News and Google got another 100 tickets, for a grand total of 1,017 tickets.

Only 600 went to regular voters — and if that seems low to you, consider it’s the most in any of the debates this cycle.

Read more @ BREAKING: Local GOP Chair Drops Bombshell About "Fixed" GOP Debates

Exclusive — Donald Trump, Ted Cruz Campaigns Bash RNC for Stacking Audience with Pro-Amnesty Donor Class - Breitbart

Quoting from the article:

Repeatedly throughout the debate, the audience cheered as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and his protegé Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) consistently and repeatedly made the case to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, while the audience oddly booed both Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) as they made eloquent cases against amnesty.

I don’t think it’s representative of the people of South Carolina,” Lewandowski added. “Those who don’t have the resources to give large sums of money to the RNC didn’t get a ticket here tonight and that’s a shame on the RNC.

Trump’s campaign was hardly the only one upset with how the debate turned out as it relates to how audience tickets are handed out. Both Reps. Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) and Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) bashed the establishment for stacking the audience with donor class folks not representative of America or of South Carolina’s electorate. Duncan and Meadows have both endorsed Cruz for president and were representing his campaign in the spin room.

My comments: It is evident what is going on here. The Donor Class's reaction to what the candidates had to say isn't representative of America or South Carolina's electorate.

Forum List

Back