Death...

We told my Daughter that my Sister was "Sick", so she Asked to make her some "Soup" to make her feel better.

If only something Magical like that could happen...

But then again, relatively speaking, the Soup did make my Sister feel better.

My Daughter is only 4 but has a Heart as big as the Earth.

02-06-2010-kdk-caroles.jpg

:( My Baby Girl... So many People she won't get to Know.

:)

peace...

What a little sweetie! Kids are the greatest. And she comes from the same tree, Mal, she knows her, in ways we don't understand.

We told my Daughter that my Sister was "Sick", so she Asked to make her some "Soup" to make her feel better.

02-06-2010-kdk-caroles.jpg

:( My Baby Girl... So many People she won't get to Know.

peace...

What a little sweetie! Kids are the greatest. And she comes from the same tree, Mal, she knows her, in ways we don't understand.

Thanks, Lady...

peace...

Thank you... They are Amazing People in Hospice... Angels on Earth.

The last round of Morphine for my Mom on Thanksgiving Day 2008 was Followed by the Hospice Nurse holding her for some Time... It was beyond Moving.

I am Certain the Hospice Care for my Sister is the same.

She is at Home and her Son and his Family are there with her.

I am just glad that she finally wanted to have other Family with her.

I Know she didn't want us to Remember her this way, but in Fact we will Remember her even Better than Before...

These Vesels are Temporary... She is a Beautiful and Strong Women, regardless of what this Disease has done on the Surface.

I have a Picture of my Daughter and my Nephew's Wife cooking the Soup on Saturday.

I will Post it later.

peace...

That was my experience with hospice as well. It seems to serve two roles. First and foremost, alleviating physical pain and suffering for the patient.

Second and also important, alleviating mental anguish for the patient's and their families. Since you have to have a terminal prognosis (I believe it's six weeks) to enter hospice. The patients I talked to there seemed so much more at peace with life than the patients I see in the ICU.

The hospice movement itself is an interesting story, though I am sure you are not interested in it now. I will try and track down a video and post it on here of a local physician who was integral in initiating hospice in the mid-90s talking about it (who himself had esophageal cancer and a terminal prognosis during the speech) if I can find it.

Again. I am sorry that you are losing your sister. I hope you get as much time with her as possible.

Thank you... They are Amazing People in Hospice... Angels on Earth.

The last round of Morphine for my Mom on Thanksgiving Day 2008 was Followed by the Hospice Nurse holding her for some Time... It was beyond Moving.

I am Certain the Hospice Care for my Sister is the same.

She is at Home and her Son and his Family are there with her.

I am just glad that she finally wanted to have other Family with her.

I Know she didn't want us to Remember her this way, but in Fact we will Remember her even Better than Before...

These Vesels are Temporary... She is a Beautiful and Strong Women, regardless of what this Disease has done on the Surface.

I have a Picture of my Daughter and my Nephew's Wife cooking the Soup on Saturday.

I will Post it later.

peace...

That was my experience with hospice as well. It seems to serve two roles. First and foremost, alleviating physical pain and suffering for the patient.

Second and also important, alleviating mental anguish for the patient's and their families. Since you have to have a terminal prognosis (I believe it's six weeks) to enter hospice. The patients I talked to there seemed so much more at peace with life than the patients I see in the ICU.

The hospice movement itself is an interesting story, though I am sure you are not interested in it now. I will try and track down a video and post it on here of a local physician who was integral in initiating hospice in the mid-90s talking about it (who himself had esophageal cancer and a terminal prognosis during the speech) if I can find it.

Again. I am sorry that you are losing your sister. I hope you get as much time with her as possible.

Thank you again... And Thank you for Sharing that...

peace...

My Sister has gone on to be with my Mother and those who have Passed before us... Rest in Peace, Carole... Thank you to everyone for all of the thoughts and Prayers. She fought an impressive fight, but now she can rest.

:(

peace...

My Sister has gone on to be with my Mother and those who have Passed before us... Rest in Peace, Carole... Thank you to everyone for all of the thoughts and Prayers. She fought an impressive fight, but now she can rest.

peace...

I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you... It's been a difficult period... My Prayers go out to my Nephew, his Wife and Children...

Been down this Road and I don't Wish it on anyone...

They are doing the Lord's Work with this.

Keeping Family Home to Die is Important... Not easy, but what should be Done.

They did that thing and they will be Blessed for their Sacrifice.

peace...

Thank you... It's been a difficult period... My Prayers go out to my Nephew, his Wife and Children...

Been down this Road and I don't Wish it on anyone...

They are doing the Lord's Work with this.

Keeping Family Home to Die is Important... Not easy, but what should be Done.

They did that thing and they will be Blessed for their Sacrifice.

peace...

I agree.

On a lessor magnitude, I've had a tough week too. Got caught up in a huge medical ethics issue with a patient that just left me feeling sour. You run into that in hospitals, but this one was especially emotionally taxing.

I can't wait for Spring.

R.I.P.

The presence of children likely make it better.

R.I.P.

The presence of children likely make it better.

My 4 year old asked to make her Soup two weeks ago...

An Angel...

I just wish she didn't Live so far from us over the Years...

She is at Peace now... No more Waiting... No more Pain.

peace...

Mal, I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost my SIL to ovarian cancer 5 years ago after a 5 year battle. So many times when the kids say or do something I think 'ah, Bernie would have gotten such a kick out of that!' Take lots of pictures and videos of the todays because they are fleeting . . .

God bless.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

peace...

*hugs*

I am SO SO sorry. I know I can't help ease your pain with words, but know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family right now.

God has collected enough of your family now....I think it's time to leave a few of you here for a bit. You all need some respite from grief and grieving. You have far too much experience with it in such a short time.

My love to you all.....please post here when you need to and ignore the ingorant asses who are inappropriate in their behavior. Some of us have class and dignity and aren't afraid to use both of them.

Jen

• Thanks
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbxQ2Q4HeU]YouTube - Sunshine on my shoulders: John Denver[/ame]

We laid her to Rest this Weekend...

That song is for her and her Son... She took him to see John Denver @ McNichol's here in Denver.

Was also one of our Mother's favorite Artists...

One of the final attempts @ Rehab for my Mom in Boulder in late Summer of 2008 there was PBS special on about John Denver...

Had lunch and watched it with her... A Happy Meal with a cheese burger.

Reminded me of childhood and I could feel that "Mom will always be there to protect you" feeling once again, even though I was sitting with a Frail 87 Year Old who didn't have much Time left on this Earth.

They are together now enjoying a bottle of wine and laughing and telling stories and all of the pain has been left here.

Rest in Peace, Ladies... You were both special and Loved by so many!

And to my Nephew and his Family... For their Sacrifices for my Sister in the last two years...

They will be Blessed... I am certain of it.

More in our Society should Live by their example.

peace...

Spent yesterday down South visiting with my last Remaining and Eldest Sister...

She is in Hospice Care with Brain and Lung Cancer...

She has very little Time with us left.

My Wife and I have seen a lot of Death in our Families since about 2003.

She Lost her Grandmother here in Denver and then her Father.

Then I Lost a Lifelong Friend just as my Daughter was Born, and then both of my Parents just after my Son was Born...

In the last 2 Weeks her other Grandmother Passed and then one of my Aunts did.

Now my Sister is going to join them.

Two Ends of Life...

My Sister was given 5 Months a year and half ago...

She Fought a Courageous Fight against the thing that is Killing her.

A Beautiful and Proud Women, she is...

Like our Mother before her... Until the last week of my Mom's LONG Battle with Illnesses, she was Certain, even at 88, that she was going to beat it.

My Sister is the Same... She's now come to Terms with it, not able to get out of Bed...

It's as Sad as it is Angering...

But we will all go some day.

It's what we do with it while we have it that Matters.

Appreciate the one's you have while you have them.

If not for my Wife and Children I am not Sure how I would have Handled these things.

Because of them, I am Blessed...

I am also Blessed to have Known my Sister for almost 40 Years...

I only Knew my first Sister to Pass for 15 Years...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

The Knock at the Door... The Officer telling me there was an Accident...

A Fatality.

Having to call my Mom and tell her that her Daughter was Killed... One of the Worst days of my Life.

Not being able to say Goodbye is Difficult...

So is being Able to.

Don't Know if one is Easier than the other.

My Dad went without Warning and my Mom went VERY Slowly...

So Close together in their Deaths that I don't Think it ever really set in that either is Gone.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

(((mal))) :(

• Thanks

Forum List

Back