Death...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Spent yesterday down South visiting with my last Remaining and Eldest Sister...

She is in Hospice Care with Brain and Lung Cancer...

She has very little Time with us left.

My Wife and I have seen a lot of Death in our Families since about 2003.

She Lost her Grandmother here in Denver and then her Father.

Then I Lost a Lifelong Friend just as my Daughter was Born, and then both of my Parents just after my Son was Born...

In the last 2 Weeks her other Grandmother Passed and then one of my Aunts did.

Now my Sister is going to join them.

We told my Daughter that my Sister was "Sick", so she Asked to make her some "Soup" to make her feel better.

If only something Magical like that could happen...

But then again, relatively speaking, the Soup did make my Sister feel better.

My Daughter is only 4 but has a Heart as big as the Earth.

Two Ends of Life...

My Sister was given 5 Months a year and half ago...

She Fought a Courageous Fight against the thing that is Killing her.

A Beautiful and Proud Women, she is...

Like our Mother before her... Until the last week of my Mom's LONG Battle with Illnesses, she was Certain, even at 88, that she was going to beat it.

My Sister is the Same... She's now come to Terms with it, not able to get out of Bed...

It's as Sad as it is Angering...

But we will all go some day.

It's what we do with it while we have it that Matters.

Appreciate the one's you have while you have them.

If not for my Wife and Children I am not Sure how I would have Handled these things.

Because of them, I am Blessed...

I am also Blessed to have Known my Sister for almost 40 Years...

I only Knew my first Sister to Pass for 15 Years...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

The Knock at the Door... The Officer telling me there was an Accident...

A Fatality.

Having to call my Mom and tell her that her Daughter was Killed... One of the Worst days of my Life.

Not being able to say Goodbye is Difficult...

So is being Able to.

Don't Know if one is Easier than the other.

My Dad went without Warning and my Mom went VERY Slowly...

So Close together in their Deaths that I don't Think it ever really set in that either is Gone.

And now my Big Sister...

:(

peace...

Last edited:
There is a time in life when death just seems to surround us.

Its a hard road but made tolerable by love.

To love is to face losing that love.

I feel for you my friend.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Sorry for your loss. I have lost both sets of Grandparents and my parents, but no brothers or sisters. My oldest brother nearly died, he had a very bad heart attack. My middle Brother almost died as well once long ago working in a mill the boiler exploded. My older sister has had cancer but it has not reoccurred and my younger sister suffers with the same mental problems I have, though she seems to have learned to live with them in her older years. She was a drug addict and an alcoholic until about 20 years ago.

My older siblings had a different father so my illness was passed from my father's side. Now that I know what to look for my Dad suffered from it as well he just was MUCH better at handling it then I am. He was an alcoholic but his last 15 years or so he completely stopped drinking. He lost both his legs due to an old Viet Nam injury and his last couple years he got hooked on Morphine. I did not see him during that time, they all live in Washington and Oregon. I live in North Carolina. He quit taking his heart medication and his care giver did not know it till he died, they found all the pills under his bed stuff.

My Psychiatrist and Therapist both say I am killing myself the slow way. I do not take care of my diabetes. If it were not for my family I would get it over with the fast way. But that is not fair to them.

I am glad your family comforts you and gives you the strength to carry on.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Sorry for your loss. I have lost both sets of Grandparents and my parents, but no brothers or sisters. My oldest brother nearly died, he had a very bad heart attack. My middle Brother almost died as well once long ago working in a mill the boiler exploded. My older sister has had cancer but it has not reoccurred and my younger sister suffers with the same mental problems I have, though she seems to have learned to live with them in her older years. She was a drug addict and an alcoholic until about 20 years ago.

My older siblings had a different father so my illness was passed from my father's side. Now that I know what to look for my Dad suffered from it as well he just was MUCH better at handling it then I am. He was an alcoholic but his last 15 years or so he completely stopped drinking. He lost both his legs due to an old Viet Nam injury and his last couple years he got hooked on Morphine. I did not see him during that time, they all live in Washington and Oregon. I live in North Carolina. He quit taking his heart medication and his care giver did not know it till he died, they found all the pills under his bed stuff.

My Psychiatrist and Therapist both say I am killing myself the slow way. I do not take care of my diabetes. If it were not for my family I would get it over with the fast way. But that is not fair to them.

I am glad your family comforts you and gives you the strength to carry on.

Thank you... And my Friends... Can't forget them.

Growing up I would have Never Imagined being this Age, having the Lifelong Friends that I have still with me, and that they would Carry my Father to the Car that took him to Ft. Logan...

Amazing and Sad all at the same time, Life has been.

:)

peace...

Very humanlike of you Mal :lol:

That was very moving. You ain't as bad as everyone says:lol:

Thanks... Mesageboard Jousting ain't Real Life... It's Entertainment... Anyone who Takes it as Seriously as Life Needs to Reevaluate.

I Stopped Playing games like Doom YEARS ago in my Down Time @ Work, and instead Adopted this as my Outlet...

I Learn things, and I am always Surprised by other's Reactions to even the Most Trivial things.

peace...

Keep going RGS.

There is no better reason than the young people in your family are watching what you do.

Try to talk yourself into taking care of the diabetes too, remember they share the same medical history and will learn from the way you deal with it.

It will also give you more time to pass on all you know about life to them. The more they know the better their chances at a happy life. There more people there who care about them they better their chances.

Keep going RGS.

There is no better reason than the young people in your family are watching what you do.

Try to talk yourself into taking care of the diabetes too, remember they share the same medical history and will learn from the way you deal with it.

It will also give you more time to pass on all you know about life to them. The more they know the better their chances at a happy life. There more people there who care about them they better their chances.

:clap2:

I Second that Emotion, RGS...

peace...

Then I Lost a Lifelong Friend just as my Daughter was Born, and then both of my Parents just after my Son was Born...

We told my Daughter that my Sister was "Sick", so she Asked to make her some "Soup" to make her feel better.

Two Ends of Life...

Like our Mother before her... Until the last week of my Mom's LONG Battle with Illnesses, she was Certain, even at 88, that she was going to beat it.

My Sister is the Same... She's now come to Terms with it, not able to get out of Bed...

If not for my Wife and Children I am not Sure how I would have Handled these things.

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

Having to call my Mom and tell her that her Daughter was Killed... One of the Worst days of my Life.

So is being Able to.

So Close together in their Deaths that I don't Think it ever really set in that either is Gone.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

:( Mal, I know the pain. It is tenacious and unrelenting. I am so sorry about all the losses, in such little time

prayers to you and your family

Last edited:

Two Ends of Life...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

So is being Able to.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

:( Mal, I know the pain. It is tenacious and unrelenting. I am so sorry about all the losses, in such little time

You know my story :(

*HUGS*

peace...

Not that long ago I was serving dinner to a husband and three sons, they were all amazingly funny and the house was so full of laughter, and I thought, "Appreciate this moment" I've lived enough seasons to know that good or bad, seasons can change so fast and they did.

A couple of days ago I watched an old friend get off of a bus, he recognized me, gave me a big bear hug and it seemed etched in time. Our lives are surrounded with a sea of faces that we recognize but just a few years from now we'll have no idea where they went and one by one we'll be gone. For some reason all the faces that I know, even faintly, seem so important, because we're all in this short life together and we're all so vulnerable in so many ways.

I'll be praying for you Mal and RGS and some day when I see you face to face, beyond all the limitations of this life...it will be good to see you, and all the people you have loved and lost and found again. God bless you.

only our bodies die mal...they are merely vehicles that carry us about on this earth....the essence of people is collect and goes on...our sadness is for ourselves...our loved ones have been freed...

a poem that sometimes brings one comfort:

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labour, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school where children played,
Their lessons scarcely done;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries; but each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity.

Because I Could Not Stop for Death by Emily Dickinson

Two Ends of Life...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

So is being Able to.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

I find your post rather odd, given you were on yesterday posting a thread, and bumping it a good half dozen times trying to get a rise out of the Mods and get them to ban you...

So...you were sitting at your sisters death bed, while trying to goad people into responding to you (which failed; your thread was simply removed), and now you want sympathy, and say it's what we do with the time we have left that counts?

Damn, dude. I think your wires are sparking.

Sometimes life really sucks.

But that is what makes it so great.

I send my thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time.

Two Ends of Life...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

So is being Able to.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

I find your post rather odd, given you were on yesterday posting a thread, and bumping it a good half dozen times trying to get a rise out of the Mods and get them to ban you...

So...you were sitting at your sisters death bed, while trying to goad people into responding to you (which failed; your thread was simply removed), and now you want sympathy, and say it's what we do with the time we have left that counts?

Yeah and the day my mom died I went bike riding, you never would have known it.

People react differently to crisis. I go into denial. But when you do that, the nights are the worst, you can't ignore it any more.

God bless you mal.

Two Ends of Life...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

So is being Able to.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

In Order...

Forum: The Flame Zone Today, 06:29 AM
Replies: 39 i miss kitten
Views: 596 Posted By tha malcontent
KK is my Favorite Moderator... :( :) ...

KK is my Favorite Moderator... :(

peace...
Forum: The Flame Zone Yesterday, 06:53 AM
Replies: 179 Is your Pussy STANKY?... Maybe you Need to Wash it?
Views: 1,177 Posted By tha malcontent
Is your Pussy STANKY?... Maybe you Need to Wash...

Is your Pussy STANKY?... Maybe you Need to Wash it?

Just a Reminder of the OP, you ThinSkinned, Paranoid and Stinky Bastards!... :rofl:

peace...

---

I was Absent from this Board for 24 Hours, you Pathetic Little Person.

You can't Keep your Bile out of a Thread like this?...

Wow...

peace...

Two Ends of Life...

WAY too Young, she was.

Like it was Yesterday...

A Fatality.

So is being Able to.

And now my Big Sister...

peace...

Yeah and the day my mom died I went bike riding, you never would have known it.

People react differently to crisis. I go into denial. But when you do that, the nights are the worst, you can't ignore it any more.

God bless you mal.

So it's Known, my Sister is Dying... As I said in my OP, for a Year and a Half...

She's been Given Weeks... She doesn't Live in Denver, she Lives in the Springs about (2) Hours away...

We Spent some Time with her Yesterday because she was Feeling like Company...

Until Recently, she's wanted NO Visitors, and that's been Difficult for MANY in my Family, but it was her Wish.

I talk with her on the Phone Regularly... It was an Exceptionally Moving Time with her Yesterday and I Felt like Sharing.

And I Appreciate your Thoughts, Jen...

peace...

Forum List

Back