Death Valley

Anyone been there . I've been there many times , I went on July 4th one year to experience the weather . It was 128 degrees at about 7 in the evening and the ravens were sitting in the shadows of the date palms on the resorts property . They were just sitting in the shadows with their beaks wide open . I saw a few guys running in that heat , they were all dressed in white and were running to build up endurance and in preparation for some race . Outside the resort where we stayed [one time] there is the small [500 people] town of BEATTY Nevada where we stayed in motels on later trips. Expensive at the resort and cheaper at Beatty's motels plus there are a few affordable restaurants and a few stores for beer and pretzels , spam , cheese plus there are a few bars / saloons in Beatty . Outside of Beatty there is area 51 , a few brothels , some semi ghost towns like Goldhill , Tonapah and a few other tiny towns . Some of these ghost towns are home to hotels that are reopening and are doing business .

Yes, been there at least 3 times. What a surreal experience. We always went in May, when the temps were tolerable. We stayed at the resort. The beautiful spring flowers were everywhere, going down into Death Valley. We also hiked to the highest hill and looked down upon the magnificent valley.

We knew that Charles Manson and his flock had once lived in those hills. :eek:

I love the desert. especial after it gets a rain. I have a piece of petrified wood that came off the Spahn Ranch property where Charles manson and his group lived for awhile

Forum List

Back