Death Valley Pics

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
We drove out to Death Valley today to enjoy the scenery. The wild flowers are in full bloom due to all the rain we have had. This is the first time in years the flowers have been so plentiful.

68498_2.jpg

68502_3.jpg

68506_4.jpg

68508_5.jpg

68515_6.jpg

68521_7.jpg

68524_8.jpg

68528_9.jpg

68531_1.jpg

A couple of those pics were taken at 200 feet BELOW sea level. It was pretty out there today. It was about 85 with a light wind.

dilloduck said:
Me too--Been seeing some coverage on the news about just how beautiful it is there this year.

Even the lower desert, Arizona, my mother sent me some pictures they took one day when they went over to Goldfield, a little tourist trap right on the edge of Apache Juction where they live. Anyway, those are the Superstition Mountains, and in all the years I've lived in the desert, I have NEVER seen them GREEN!

HPIM0375-1.jpg

dilloduck said:
Even my own cactus are blooming !!

Wow dillo. I'm always amazed at the beautiful flowers cactus' have. This is my folk's "Easter Cactus", and my Ma said this is the most flowers it's ever had, and that it's flowers missed "Easter" by less than 48 hours. They transplanted this little cactus from a pot to the ground by their house in Arizona from Wisconsin.

997834.jpg

mom4 said:
Absolutely amazing! Beautiful! I love the pic of the doggie sniffing the blooms!

Me too. That's a great picture. He's got his eye's closed like... "aaaaaahhhh that smells wonderful"... LOL!

Seriously free, I think your doggie smelling the flowers pic could be a photo contest winner. I'd at least think about submitting it to a calendar or something. It's that good in my opinion.

Forum List

Back