Death Tax

A flat tax that also includes a deduction per person, would be fair. (depending on the deduction amount).

But in this flat tax structure, it has to include all money earned, including money from capital gains and dividends at the same tax rate, with the elimination of the separate Social Security tax and the Medicare tax....(these should be included in on the flat tax), along with the elimination of the gas tax, cigarette taxes, liquor taxes and other sin taxes, (those too should be included in the flat tax percentage/rate, to cover them), along with the gift tax and inheritance tax being covered if someone receives income/revenues, so that it truely is fair and equal to all.

Care

I'm not falling for anything. I have rubbed elbos( sort of ) with a couple of rich guys..I worked on Gates home in Medina while it was being built so I half assed follow his life and it seems he does more for average people than our whole government at times. I can't think of one rich neo con that has paid back as much as Gates..not even percentage wise.

Rockefellow?

Most of the enormous foundations are based on the fortunes of former extremely conservative (by today's stadards, at least) captains of industry.

I do not see a whole lot of liberal charity out there.

Ironically the only foundation which has ever given my organization cash is run by some of the most conservtive neo-cons in America.

They can't stand my politics, but they like what I do.

I think the financial meltdown has rather screwed them, just as it did so many foundations though.

What I am trying to tell you, Huggy, is that I think you're falling for a simply model of what's going on which is misleading you to be a partisan on behalf of people whose contempt for you (and me, too) is fairly obvious when you look at what they DO , rather than listening to what they SAY.

Well if you are trying to stuff me into a cookie cutter I protest.

Both of my parents were from wealthy(by Seattle standards) families. Thier parents were Eisenhower republicans. They were prudent and inventive acumulating sizable fortunes in banking hotels and oil. Then I saw my parents fall for Nixon and farther on for the fundi grab for power. The privilege they assumed was disgusting. They did not earn anything. Living in thier world you would have thought to hear them tell it that they were entitled by god. They became people without conscience . Whatever mold you assign me my experience was first hand and not indoctrinated by a third party.

If I've misinterpreted your meaning, please accept my apologies.

Forum List

Back