Death penalty foes rejoice after NJ vote

Thanks to the huge strides made in research. Nowadays it's much more difficult to botch a conviction.

That really isn't all that many people.

I mean if there is beyond a reasonable doubt that the person did the crime why waste our tax dollars letting him sit in a room on a vacation?? Fuck that kill their dumb asses. I say that this whole horse shit about the lethal injection being "cruel and unusual punishment" Did you guys ever stop to think about the pain the victims suffered???? I say make their deaths as painful as possible that is their punishment. Full stop end of story.

I mean if there is beyond a reasonable doubt that the person did the crime why waste our tax dollars letting him sit in a room on a vacation?? Fuck that kill their dumb asses. I say that this whole horse shit about the lethal injection being "cruel and unusual punishment" Did you guys ever stop to think about the pain the victims suffered???? I say make their deaths as painful as possible that is their punishment. Full stop end of story.

There were many cases in which there was no doubt about the guilt of the defendant. Yet, often years later, irrefutable evidence came to light that the defendant, now a person on death row, did not commit the crime.

I oppose the death penalty but I am also tough on crime. I think that there should be no special treatment for prisoners. Televisions should be removed. There should be no time off for good behavior. There should be extended stay for bad behavior. There should be no elective surgery. There should be no toys and games. Prisoners should be fored to work to help pay for their keep. I like the chain gangs. Make the prisoners pound rocks in the hot summer sun.

At least? You got a REAL number since it appears to be the cornerstone of your argument?

I think that the fact that at least 126 people have been exonerated from death row is a strong point in itself to oppose the death penalty. More people might have been exonerated. I do not know. Any more would make my argument even stronger. Do you now of a web site that reveals an even higher number? If so, then please show me. I am interested in the numbers.

Anyway, there are other arguments. Some people say that the death penalty is a deterrent. Some people say that it is not a deterrent. I don’t know if it serves as a deterrent (or if it is a deterrent, to what degree). I think that the likelihood of getting caught is much more of a factor.

The infinitesimal chance of executing an innocent person is the deciding factor for me. I’d rather have 1,000,000 supposed serial killers spend a harsh lifetime in prison than execute an innocent person. That is the bottom line for me.

Idea:

Get rid of prison, but KEEP the death penalty.

For minor crimes, we levy a monetary fine, or maybe sentence them to work, then put them on probation, give them restrictions, etc. For major crimes, we kill them.

Voila! No more prison-industrial complex.

I think that the fact that at least 126 people have been exonerated from death row is a strong point in itself to oppose the death penalty. More people might have been exonerated. I do not know. Any more would make my argument even stronger. Do you now of a web site that reveals an even higher number? If so, then please show me. I am interested in the numbers.

Anyway, there are other arguments. Some people say that the death penalty is a deterrent. Some people say that it is not a deterrent. I don’t know if it serves as a deterrent (or if it is a deterrent, to what degree). I think that the likelihood of getting caught is much more of a factor.

The infinitesimal chance of executing an innocent person is the deciding factor for me. I’d rather have 1,000,000 supposed serial killers spend a harsh lifetime in prison than execute an innocent person. That is the bottom line for me.

And I would argue that because they were exonerated proves our system works WITH the death penalty. I would rather every serial killer be killed rather then let go to kill many more than his or her one life.

The death penalty might be more of a deterrent if it didn't take us 15-20 years to get from a "guilty" verdict to the actual death part. :eusa_eh:

And I would argue that because they were exonerated proves our system works WITH the death penalty. I would rather every serial killer be killed rather then let go to kill many more than his or her one life.

So it is your argument that those whose time ran out and were not exonerated did commit the murder(s)? By the way, I said nothing about letting a killer go. A life sentence should be a life sentence unless there is irrefutable evident that proves his innocence.

The death penalty might be more of a deterrent if it didn't take us 15-20 years to get from a "guilty" verdict to the actual death part. :eusa_eh:

Darn those constitutional protections. :eusa_doh:

The fact that it takes a long time to go from guilty to dead is what saved the hundreds of people exonerated by the Innocence Project. But why would we care when we can fry someone, he must've done something wrong sometime or his picture wouldn't have been in the photo-array anyway, right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back