Death Panels? What Death Panels?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by chanel, Apr 28, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    N.J. court to rule whether hospitals may refuse life support despite wishes of families, patients | - NJ.com

Silly Sarah...

2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
  3. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Chanel, how close are you allowed to get to our children in the classroom? I hope it is not in the same county, country or planet.

Trinitas Regional Medical Center is a hospital. It is a private sector entity. It is NOT a government entity. This is NOT government death panels, this is HOSPITAL death panels! Do you also believe dogs meow and cats bark?

Gary S. Horan CEO of Trinitas Regional Medical Center is also a member of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce.

The Chamber of Commerce lobbied Congress vehemently to protect corporations and hospitals from any restraints or culpability in our failed and broken health care system.

THIS OP is LAME Zone posting

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  4. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Ouch. That hurt. Not.

This is a death panel. I don't care if it's the hospital, the government, or the parish priest making this decision. It should be the decision of the patient and the family. The NJ Supreme Court could take that decision making away. And when the government is picking up the tab, more hospitals may be pressured into overruling the patient's wishes.

This is an important topic. Maybe you need to go back to school to learn some manners. Glad I'm not teaching your kids.

To serious posters only: How do you think the court will rule?

5. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Oh? So three, five, or seventeen men should die because the medicine they need was wasted on your hopeless case? What about 100? 1000? How many lives is one worth just because you cry about it?

Doctors have a moral and legal obligation to help as many as they can. There comes a time when you have to let a hopeless case go and move on. You must prioritize. That's why they have triage.

6. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    So DNR's aren't worth the paper they are printed on? Or maybe just the "DRs"? I don't believe people should be watered like plants on life support forever. I certainly wouldn't want to be.

However, this is a very slippery slope...

7. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    What're you babbling about? ERs makes decisions every day about who needs help, who can wait, and who can't be saved.

Not to mention military medics, Doctors Without Borders, and others who must determine where to invest precious few resources when they're confronted with large numbers of often seriously wounded.

8. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    If I were teaching your kids, they would learn critical thinking, something your little pea is totally devoid of. Here's some REAL education taught critical thinking for you...

First: WITHOUT the legal recourse government laws deem a RIGHT, there would be NO WAY to stop the hospital, any other corporation or private entity from implementing any death panel policy they choose.

Second: if you right wing pea brains have your way with tort reform, patients will have little or no legal recourse if the hospital just happens to 'accidentally' pull the plug on grandma

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Oh so that's why it's being heard by the Supreme Court? Because it's perfectly legal and happens every day? Perhaps you could let them know. I'm sure they have better things to do than to "babble" about the obvious.

10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    " Here's some REAL education taught critical thinking for you..." Huh? My little pea brain does not compute nonsensical sentences. :lol:

This little pea brain understands that "tort reform" does not mean "little or no recourse" for wrongful death. Look it up. You might learn something.