Death panel for Democrats: leaders concede one dozen seats "abandoned"

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Killing fields, indeed.

Democrats Retrench as GOP Pulls Away - WSJ.com

The retrenching now under way happens in every election and is typically painful for the party running behind. Democrats are loath to admit that they are cutting off any of their candidates, but two Democrats familiar with the election strategy said that about a dozen seats now held by the party are lost. Ad-tracking data show that none of these districts is slated to receive party-funded TV ads.

Killing fields, indeed.

Democrats Retrench as GOP Pulls Away - WSJ.com

The retrenching now under way happens in every election and is typically painful for the party running behind. Democrats are loath to admit that they are cutting off any of their candidates, but two Democrats familiar with the election strategy said that about a dozen seats now held by the party are lost. Ad-tracking data show that none of these districts is slated to receive party-funded TV ads.

I think I will start a catalog of your predictions. :lol:

I have never seen an election where one side explicitly counts out the seats it will lose and cuts and runs. This will be a tidal wave over the Dums, who deserve all the infamy and calumny they get.

Are you sure? I would imagine that this is the normal way of running an election. It would be inanely STUPID not to. If the republicans do not do this then they need to start. Is there some proof that they do not?

Are you sure? I would imagine that this is the normal way of running an election. It would be inanely STUPID not to. If the republicans do not do this then they need to start. Is there some proof that they do not?

They might do it internally but I have never seen it done so openly and so wholesale, with a dozen seats simply given up for dead.

The retrenching now under way happens in every election and is typically painful for the party running behind. Democrats are loath to admit that they are cutting off any of their candidates

American parties do this all the time in this situation. The pubs did the same thing in 2006 and 2008.

The retrenching now under way happens in every election and is typically painful for the party running behind. Democrats are loath to admit that they are cutting off any of their candidates

American parties do this all the time in this situation. The pubs did the same thing in 2006 and 2008.

No, actually they didn't. Cite a source that says the RNC gave up certain seats ahead of the election.

What is unusual is they are giving up seats that they now hold.

They always fail to contest seats that are in districts where they have no incumbent.

They are being rational with their assets. Protecting what is savable.

I am pretty sure that Greyson clown is wondering where his add buy money is going to come from this year.

No, actually they didn't. Cite a source that says the RNC gave up certain seats ahead of the election.

Come on, is this seriously your first rodeo? This happens in every cycle.

Republicans did it in 2006: GOP Officials Brace for Loss Of Seven to 30 House Seats ("They are all but writing off GOP open seats in Arizona, Colorado, Texas and Florida (the one previously held by Foley)."), In Final Weeks, G.O.P. Focuses on Best Bets .

They also did it in 2008: "GOP 'goner' list warns of House rout", Sen. Ensign Says GOP Majority Would Be ‘Fairly Miraculous’ ("Asked if the NRSC was mulling walking away from these two races to focus resources elsewhere, Ensign was non-committal, but added, 'You don’t waste money on races that don’t need it or you can’t win.' ").

That's how this works.

Republicans did it in 2006: GOP Officials Brace for Loss Of Seven to 30 House Seats ("They are all but writing off GOP open seats in Arizona, Colorado, Texas and Florida (the one previously held by Foley)."), In Final Weeks, G.O.P. Focuses on Best Bets .

They also did it in 2008: "GOP 'goner' list warns of House rout", Sen. Ensign Says GOP Majority Would Be ‘Fairly Miraculous’ ("Asked if the NRSC was mulling walking away from these two races to focus resources elsewhere, Ensign was non-committal, but added, 'You don’t waste money on races that don’t need it or you can’t win.' ").

That's how this works.

Not only that, but they were writing off states that were considered not winnable in the general election.

McCain 'gives up' on Colorado as Obama calls time-out to visit sick grandmother | World news | The Guardian

That's how this works.

They wrote off 4 seats,not a dozen or more.

Not only that, but they were writing off states that were considered not winnable in the general election.

Indeed. I still remember the tension over Palin's public criticism of the McCain campaign's decision to write off Michigan.

That's how politics works--it's a write-off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZRqH7sRyA]They write off everything[/ame]

Last edited:
It is always that next republicans that will fix everything.

How has your boy done up in the NE? Didn't he get Kennedys seat?? I fiorget.

Anyway he has been in there a while, what has he done?

Forum List

Back