Death of Free Internet is Imminent:

coolgeee

Jul 21, 2008
NYC Area
The Internet has been the greatest technological achievement of the 20th century by far, and has been recognized as such by the global community. The free transfer of information, uncensored, unlimited and untainted, still seems to be a dream when you think about it. Whatever field that is mentioned- education, commerce, government, news, entertainment, politics and countless other areas- have been radically affected by the introduction of the Internet.

continued here:
Death of Free Internet is Imminent: Canada Will Be Test Case

The Internet has been the greatest technological achievement of the 20th century by far, and has been recognized as such by the global community. The free transfer of information, uncensored, unlimited and untainted, still seems to be a dream when you think about it. Whatever field that is mentioned- education, commerce, government, news, entertainment, politics and countless other areas- have been radically affected by the introduction of the Internet.

continued here:
Death of Free Internet is Imminent: Canada Will Be Test Case

It’s all part of the corporate plan for a New World Order and virtually a masterstroke that will lead to the creation of billions and billions of dollars of corporate profit at the expense of the working and middle classes. There are so many other implications as a result of these changes, far too many to elaborate on here.

Be aware that we will all lose our privacy because all websites will be tracked as part of the billing procedure, and we will be literally cut off from 90% of the information that we can access today. The little guys on the Net will fall likes flies; Bloggers and small website operators will die a quick death because people will not pay to go to their sites and read their pages. Ironically, the only medium that can save us is the one we are trying to save- the Internet (free).

Interesting.

They control the television, the newspapers, and now they have to control the internet.

Much of your search results are filtered out as it is, and they are already starting to implement behaviorial targeting, which sites you visit, etc...

The internet is to powerful to leave free range for too much longer!

You pm'd me and I tried to respond...but still can't???

Anyway, glad you like the info.

Check out editorialdigest.com and subjectseek.com (under government and politics, and ethical issues) I help manage and also write for the sites. Tons of great info and documentaries updated often.

You pm'd me and I tried to respond...but still can't???

Anyway, glad you like the info.

Check out editorialdigest.com and subjectseek.com (under government and politics, and ethical issues) I help manage and also write for the sites. Tons of great info and documentaries updated often.

Is that a conspiracy spamfest ?

that is one of the scariest things ive ever read. i would be amazed and terrified if that actually happens.

Viacom responded in a statement that it needs the data to demonstrate video piracy patterns that are the heart of its case against YouTube.

But it sought to diffuse privacy fears, saying it had no interest in identifying individual users.

Sounds like BS to me.

If one wants merely to track down violators of copyrighted content on UTube, all one really needs is the lists of people who UPLOADED that content TO UTUBE.

One does not need a complete list of everyone who ever watched UTube.

Am I missing something technical here?

Perhaps I don't understand how Utube works, or something?

Sounds like BS to me.

If one wants merely to track down violators of copyrighted content on UTube, all one really needs is the lists of people who UPLOADED that content TO UTUBE.

No I think you are right.

Sounds like BS to me.

[QUOTEJudge Louis Stanton of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York ordered Google Tuesday to turn over as evidence a database with usernames of YouTube viewers, what videos they watched when, and users' computer addresses.][/QUOTE]

This is what I read ^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds a little "Big Brother" to me.............

[QUOTEJudge Louis Stanton of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York ordered Google Tuesday to turn over as evidence a database with usernames of YouTube viewers, what videos they watched when, and users' computer addresses.]

Sounds a little "Big Brother" to me.............[/QUOTE]

Do you have a citation for that case or a link to the article? I'd like to read it.

Sounds a little "Big Brother" to me.............

Do you have a citation for that case or a link to the article? I'd like to read it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cited it (the link is there for you) on Post #4 on this thread from MSNBC.com.

Google is clearly to blame for this even being available. It's Google's insistence on collecting data to sell us advertisements that even makes the data available to collect during discovery.

Although, in this instance the data will be used for a limited purpose and destroyed at the end of the case. The government has been seeking access to similar data for their purposes.

None of this however supports the initial post IMO.

And I'm always amazed that people are under the impression that their internet useage is "private". It's not.

Forum List

Back