Death in Afganistan

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
A man just brought some fuel to my farm and as we talked he spoke of his son's recent death in Afganistan. His son had been through 3 tours in combat before losing his life. He spoke of some of his son's concerns with the rules of engagement and not knowing how to tell enemy from friendly. Our government places so many rules and restrictions to fighting our country's enemy. Quite frankly we could have never won WWII with this total disregard for our military personnel.

His son had more restrictions than what I had in Vietnam. The reasons wars last so long is because the politicians run it. I honestly believe that the politicians running the country today had much rather an American soldier be killed than a innocent civilian. The very idea of marines guarding an embassy not being allowed ammunition to defend themselves turns my stomach. The duty of guarding an embassy has become a suicide mission. Shame on Obama and his administration. If the economy was doing great, everyone had great jobs, and everyone had the greatest medical care; this abuse of our military would still be just cause to get rid of this president. In many many cases the politicians are what gets our military personnel killed.

Last edited:
It was safer for the military personnel when the military was allowed to hate their enemy. How many remember the Clinton administration and their attempt to make a more gentler army?

Forum List

Back