'Death Anxiety' Prompts People to Believe in Intelligent Design

"Creationism creeps into mainstream geology," a report by NCSE's Steven Newton, is the cover story of the July 2011 issue of Earth, published by the American Geological Institute. In his article, Newton discusses a geological field trip conducted during the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America in 2010. He explains, "it was an example of a new strategy from creationists to interject their ideas into mainstream geology: They lead field trips and present posters and talks at scientific meetings. They also avoid overtly stating anything truly contrary to mainstream science. But when the meeting is over, the creationist participants go home and proudly proclaim that mainstream science has accepted their ideas."

NCSE's Newton on creeping creationism | NCSE

Creeping creeps.

I'm curious: What is it, exactly, that leads you to conclude that you're intelligent?

Why would you think "occult" beliefs are a sign of "intelligence"?

Why would you think they're not?

Oh, yeah. That's what you were programmed to parrot.

So, you can't think of an answer to my question, huh? Yeah. That pretty much answers it anyway.

You know that the center of the moon is made from "soft gooey cheese". In the past, when the moon had volcanoes, they erupted and that cheese fell to earth and people called it "manna". But it was really soft gooey cheese that came from the center of the moon.

You can't prove that's not true.

So, you can't think of an answer to my question, huh? Yeah. That pretty much answers it anyway.

You know that the center of the moon is made from "soft gooey cheese". In the past, when the moon had volcanoes, they erupted and that cheese fell to earth and people called it "manna". But it was really soft gooey cheese that came from the center of the moon.

Hey, if you want to believe it, knock yourself out. Hell, you may be right. Just one of those things you have to take on faith.

I can.

Is there still a "missing link" with regards to humans?

I mean, do we have a direct line on the genetic and fossil records of our ancestry prior to the human form?

Ddidn't humanity just sort of pop up like 250,000 years ago and we still cannot find the direct ancestral line?

Got to watch out whenever they call it "Darwinism". You're going to be treated to a strawman in which the only accepted position on evolution is that of a man dead for more than a hundred years. Intellectually honest opponents, on the other hand, would be trying to debunk modern Evolutionary Theory.

Does that include the people who support it? Darwinism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy) Maybe you should look in a mirror before you go around accusing people of being intellectually dishonest.

Forum List

Back