Death and Taxes: Don't Die in 2013

the estate tax encourages people to do productive things

too stupid as usual. The estate tax discourages saving!! Savings = investment in Econ 101. An economy grows on savings while the estate tax encourages us to waste our money or not earn it at all rather than earn it and save it.

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow.

We have the tax because it panders to the class envy/warfare sentiment promoted by Barry and Karl.

Who said the estate tax encourages saving? I said it encourages productive activity, which isn't the same thing (saving is a (generally) productive activity, but not all productive activity is saving). What incentive would Steve Jobs or Henry Ford had if they could have sat at home and been just as rich sucking off their trust fund?

those with bucks acquired them with intelligence and hard work in stable societies.

Inheritance doesn't require much in the way of intelligence or hard work.

I'd say the kids of Jobs Gates and Buffett have 10 times the intelligence and work ethic of liberal ghetto kids. The kids at Harvard very often have parents who went to Harvard. Do you know what it takes to get in there? Kids who are destined to inherit money work the hardest of all because the parents understand what it takes to earn and keep money in a capitalist society, while liberal ghetto kids don't!!

See why we are positive a liberal will be very very slow? Is any other conclusion possible??

As someone who attended a highly prestigious institution, sure, some of it is about hard work (especially for someone like me from a modest background), but a great deal about it is having access to resources like tutors, etc. There were a fair number of kids I went to high school with were just as talented as a lot of my college classmates, but because they didn't have those resources available to them, they appeared to be worse candidates in the admission pool.

The kids at Harvard very often have parents who went to Harvard. Do you know what it takes to get in there?

Less when one enjoys legacy preference in the admissions process.

Without giving too many details about my life, I've seen this process first-hand. Legacy status doesn't help as much as most people think. It can serve as tiebreaker between otherwise qualified candidates, but schools aren't letting in grossly unqualified candidates just on the basis of legacy status.

The Estate Tax taxes Capital Gains. Opponents of estate taxes want more tax-free income for the rich.

too stupid

1) it taxes the entire estate above the personal exemption amount!

2) since the rich, not the poor, create the products and jobs that got us from the stone age to here the more they have the better for all of us.

A liberal will be far too slow to refute this; just watch and see why we are 100% positive liberals are slow and should not even be allowed to vote.

The more the rich have, the better for all of us? Using that reasoning, the feudal system rocked.

The Estate Tax taxes Capital Gains. Opponents of estate taxes want more tax-free income for the rich.

too stupid

1) it taxes the entire estate above the personal exemption amount!

2) since the rich, not the poor, create the products and jobs that got us from the stone age to here the more they have the better for all of us.

A liberal will be far too slow to refute this; just watch and see why we are 100% positive liberals are slow and should not even be allowed to vote.

The more the rich have, the better for all of us? Using that reasoning, the feudal system rocked.

too stupid but perfectly liberal. Our rich like Steve Jobs got rich by serving humanity; the feudal rich got that way by violence!!

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow. What other conclusion is posible.

Forum List

Back