Death and Dying: Spiritual Practices

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Buddhists have a number of spiritual practices for dying. What does your tradition offer?

Do you rehearse dying? That's a specific practice in Buddhism to see if your refuge holds.

The way i see it.... any practices revolving around the dead.... are not FOR the dead but for the ones left behind to feel good about themselves.

• Banned
I'm talking about practices one can do while dying and to prepare one's mind for sudden death.

Last edited:
  • Banned

So who is dying on you sky?

What are you talking about? No one is "dying on me". None of us know the day and hour of our death.

I spent yesterday at a P'howa retreat.

Just call it profiling. :eusa_whistle:

Just call it blowing me off again. WTF do you mean by ""profiling"?

Stay ignorant.

Death and dying is a great spiritual topic. If you're not interested why post on the thread?

Never mind. I often start threads with topics that no one else is interested in.

Let the thread die. LOL, that would appropriate for it's title.

Last edited:
The way i see it.... any practices revolving around the dead.... are not FOR the dead but for the ones left behind to feel good about themselves.

I see it as pretty much the same. After the body is all that is left, then it is time to honor and grieve with the body. We do believe that the spirit comes back for some time in order to grieve their loss as well.

Loss means gone.

• Banned
I'm not talking about practices for the dead, I'm talking about practices one can do for and with the dying.

I'm not talking about practices for the dead, I'm talking about practices one can do for and with the dying.

The best thing you can do for the dying is to let them go. Tell them you love them and let them go. Simple.

Buddhists have a number of spiritual practices for dying. What does your tradition offer?

Do you rehearse dying? That's a specific practice in Buddhism to see if your refuge holds.

I believe only Christian practices, the Buddhist one is wrong.

Thanks for your post. Stick to Christian practices. Why not tell us what they are?

How do you prepare for dying?

The best thing you can do for the dying is to let them go. Tell them you love them and let them go. Simple.

You don't even know what I'm talking about and you aren't interested either.

There are certain practices that people who want to die consciously can do, and loved ones can do it with them.

Last edited:

yeah... you asked us what our practices are. I just told you.

Tell them you love them and let them go. No mumbo jumbo necessary or involved.

I know what you are talking about sky.....

No, you don't.

I'm not talking about having a goodbye pizza party.

The mumbo jumbo comment was unnecessary and rude.

Thanks for your post. Stick to Christian practices. Why not tell us what they are?

How do you prepare for dying?

I go to my Church every week, pray to God, study the Holy Bible and hope the Holy Spirit will help me to perform all necessities. Trust to God and he will help you, even to be prepared for dying.For us, Christians, death is just the beginning, we do not afraid it.

Thanks for sharing. I went to a wonderful training yesterday. I wanted to talk about it but there doesn't seem to be much openness.

I surrender.

The thread belongs to all of you. Take the topic anywhere you choose.

No, you don't.

As i said, i know what you are talking about sky. Profiling...remember. I also asked who is dying on you that you need all of this.

A pizza party is far from ...... "spiritual practices" But a good way to tell them you love them and let them go.... better known as a living wake.

No, you don't.

As i said, i know what you are talking about sky. Profiling...remember. I also asked who is dying on you that you need all of this.

A pizza party is far from ...... "spiritual practices" But a good way to tell them you love them and let them go.... better known as a living wake.

You haven't explained what you mean about profiling in regard to this topic.

You asked me "who is dying on me" that I need all of this and my answer is no one is dying right now. One day I will die and so will my wife. We plan to help each other spiritually.

You do not understand what I'm talking about and you're not interested either.

Buddhists rehearse for dying and do certain practices throughout life to be ready to die under any circumstances.

It is disrespectful to call other people's spiritual practices "mumbo jumbo".

Last edited:
No, you don't.

You haven't explained what you mean about profiling in regard to this topic.

You asked me who is dying on me that I need all of this and my answer is no one.

You do not understand what I'm talking about and you're not interested either.

Buddhists rehearse for dying and do certain practices throughout life to be ready to die under any circumstances.

It is disrespectful to call other people's spiritual practices "mumbo jumbo".

Most of non-Christians spiritual practices are indeed "mumbo jumbo".

Forum List

Back