Dear US television media

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
To help encourage the administration to get into the fight in a more meanigful way, I propose you each have 1 segment per night where on-air hosts simply look into camera and ask if the President's done anything significant yet.

"Are the bombers attacking ISIS Mr. President?"

"Are you leading us now Mr. President?"

"Are you taking orders from France now Mr. President?"

No music, no graphic overlays, just close-ups of on-air talent demanding the President do something to win this war. A few weeks of that and I think it'll have an effect. If media is really to be the 4th estate, or another branch of government shaping public opinion it's time to assert that power.

To help encourage the administration to get into the fight in a more meanigful way, I propose you each have 1 segment per night where on-air hosts simply look into camera and ask if the President's done anything significant yet.

No music, no graphic overlays, just close-ups of on-air talent demanding the President do something to win this war. A few weeks of that and I think it'll have an effect. If media is really to be the 4th estate, or another branch of government shaping public opinion it's time to assert that power.

Obama is between a rock and a hard place. He promised the mothers of
the USA that he would bring the boys home

Obama is between a rock and a hard place. He promised the mothers of
the USA that he would bring the boys home

Situations change. Can't be expected to abide by promises like that if the strategic situation evolves and changes making it unwise to keep.

If mothers have a problem with their sons and daughters dying in a war, don't let em join up. Soldiers volunteered to be soldiers. And that means going to some shithole and possibly getting killed. Isn't all shopping discounts and class A uniform functions.

Forum List

Back