Dear Uncle Trump: Please EO away bilingual signs and declare English official language

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Do we really need to post all those signs written in both English and Spanish? The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 stated "Where an employer’s workforce is comprised of a significant portion of workers who are not literate in English, the employer shall be responsible for providing the notice in a language in which the employees are literate.

The National Labor Relations Board also mandated that when 20 percent or more of an employer’s workforce is not proficient in English and speaks a language other than English, employers must provide the posting in the “language employees speak.”

“Do We Need to Post Labor Law Posters in Spanish?” - GovDocs

Some states have also passed their own laws requiring signs be printed in both English and Spanish. Many times, you also hear the "Press 2 for Spanish", when listening to an automated phone service.

Couldn't President Trump do away with that by means of an Executive Order? And maybe declare our official national language to be American English?

Couldn't President Trump do away with that by means of an Executive Order? And maybe declare our official national language to be American English?

No.

Your Orange God is President, not Emperor, no matter how much you want him to be.

He rolled back almost everything your Chocolate Messiah did, why would this be so difficult?

Do we really need to post all those signs written in both English and Spanish? The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 stated "Where an employer’s workforce is comprised of a significant portion of workers who are not literate in English, the employer shall be responsible for providing the notice in a language in which the employees are literate.

The National Labor Relations Board also mandated that when 20 percent or more of an employer’s workforce is not proficient in English and speaks a language other than English, employers must provide the posting in the “language employees speak.”

Some states have also passed their own laws requiring signs be printed in both English and Spanish. Many times, you also hear the "Press 2 for Spanish", when listening to an automated phone service.

This shit should have been done long ago.
Here in Mexifornia we have entire billboards in Spanish only...Legit white folks here refuse to buy Anheuser Busch products for this reason.

I would love this to happen solely for the entertainment value of the complete meltdown it will cause, especially by Acosta. Talk about poop-flinging mad. Dude would bring an AK to shoot up the next Trump presser.

:laughing0301:

The Custom is that you learn the language of your Nation I should say it was that way in the past but since we are declining into a third world country status I guess this is the way it starts.

upload_2018-11-17_0-53-52.gif

No surprise dumb ass Trump supporters aren't capable of learning another language :p

This shit should have been done long ago.
Here in Mexifornia we have entire billboards in Spanish only...Legit white folks here refuse to buy Anheuser Busch products for this reason.

We are a nation of immigrants from various countries. So why exactly do we have Russians, Germans, Chinese, etc able to learn and use English here, but we have to provide for one particular group who can’t? If I go to Italy, I have to learn their language to better communicate with the locals there.

Congratulations on having no real problems in your life to worry about.

He can do away with any rules imposed by government agencies, but I don't believe the "press 2 for Spanish" thing is the requirement of a government regulation.

I would love this to happen solely for the entertainment value of the complete meltdown it will cause, especially by Acosta. Talk about poop-flinging mad. Dude would bring an AK to shoot up the next Trump presser.

Don't really care about what companies do but for crying out loud any public signs that we pay for with tax money should be in English. Never really understood that crap!

Pettiness is a sacrament to right wingers.

Pettiness es un sacramento para los derechistas.

No surprise dumb ass Trump supporters aren't capable of learning another language :p

Why should we need to? I took foreign languages in High School and college but have never had a use for them.

Why should we need to? I took foreign languages in High School and college but have never had a use for them.

Now we know something about you.

Three years of German in high school and two years in college. Took a course in Russian in high school but dropped it.

Started out trying to learn Japanese on my own too, but that was way beyond my capability. To this day I don't see how they can understand each other.

Forum List

Back