Dear rightie investors - you missed it

Oops....real disposable income has been stagnating.

How is that possible when the economy has been improving for so long? Must mean that wealth has been percolating ever upward. You'd think we need to increase the minimum wage or something.

It means the economy still sucks and its not doing nearly as well as Democrats are claiming.

Housing prices "still have not dropped to their necessarily" ? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Housing prices posses a "necessarily"? Would you kindly speak in coherent ENGLISH SENTENCES? Thanks!

My keyboard acts up at times when I place too much pressure on certain parts, causing my typing to jump around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

Plus, you are the last person to demand coherency. All you are doing is spewing is incoherency and violent words. Perhaps if you were not such an angry troll we could have a conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

Do you have a link for that one?

There are tons of people who short sold or foreclosed who would disagree with you.

Dems are championing rising inequality and corporatism.

Are you kidding me?

Is that a serious question? You honestly don't see that both the Rs and Ds are owned by corporations?

Why do you call yourself InTheMiddle when you are very clearly a shill for the left?

Housing prices "still have not dropped to their necessarily" ? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Housing prices posses a "necessarily"? Would you kindly speak in coherent ENGLISH SENTENCES? Thanks!

My keyboard acts up at times when I place too much pressure on certain parts, causing my typing to jump around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

Plus, you are the last person to demand coherency. All you are doing is spewing is incoherency and violent words. Perhaps if you were not such an angry troll we could have a conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

There are tons of people who short sold or foreclosed who would disagree with you.

Bottom Line - Housing market perks up, but prices are still falling

Bottom Line - Housing market perks up, but prices are still falling

It's a good article but it doesn't say anywhere that I can see that home prices are being inflated. In fact, in this article it states home prices are still being deflated:

Home prices are still going nowhere – they fell 2.2 percent in January, according to the NAR. That’s because there is still no end in sight to home foreclosures: so-called “distressed” home sales accounted for 35 percent of sales in January, up from 32 percent in December. As those homes are sold, they push prices lower for all houses on the market.

Home prices are being deflated due to the increased supply of foreclosed homes. That implies a market correction but not necessarily a good one.

DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:
Had you put all your money in the Dow Jones Industrial Average when Oabama took office, you'd be up 66% PLUS DIVIDENDS by now
(annual return around 17% PLUS dividends)

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

I've spent nearly two decades investing for a living, and a mistake I think many highly political people make is to point to the stock market to justify their own political biases. Politics isn't unimportant, but politically biased people who view the world through a political and ideological prism overestimate the affect of politics on the stock market.

So I look at this statement in one of two ways. For the people on the right, it is correct. If you didn't invest when Obama was elected because you thought he'd be bad for the economy and thus the stock market, you have been spectacularly wrong, and you should man up and admit your mistake. For the people on the left, the stock market often moves to its own rhythm, and is not necessarily indicative of the health of the economy. So crowing that a rising stock market is confirmation of your policies can be wrong and set you up to look stupid down the road when the stock market does its own thing.

Since you're knowledgeable on the topic maybe you can explain why - in the past 50 years - the market does so much better under Democrats

Seriously - I'd really like to know. I don't think I've heard anyone really give a good explanation (other than dems good reps bad which doesn't quite do it for me). Surely there must be key differences in policy.

Last edited:
Yup.

The stock market is recovering its massive loses in value.

Hopefully this ipward trend won't be interupted by some new economic disaster.

One can't help but wonder how long this happy news will last if the price of gasoline and energy keeps spiking.

Is there some sort of economic law that says the prices of stocks will vary inversely with the price of gasoline, and does that law apply to oil companies as well?

My keyboard acts up, and my typing jumps around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

Neccessary levels for what? Define "neccessary" level?

They need to deflate more.

Why do they need to deflate more before $1.00 invested on 1-20-09 is worth $1.66 today (+dividends)

When the market was up during the previous administration the left said it had nothing to do with the over all economic condition. Ho hum just another shinning example of left wing hypocrisy.
???
I demand...

tantrum.gif

DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:
Had you put all your money in the Dow Jones Industrial Average when Oabama took office, you'd be up 66% PLUS DIVIDENDS by now (annual return around 17% PLUS dividends)

So SHUT THE FUCK UP
According to those as yerself and others on the left? Wall Street was just this side of Satan...(And of OWS)?

What gives? Are they suddenly angels? Why the dupicity?

DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:
Had you put all your money in the Dow Jones Industrial Average when Oabama took office, you'd be up 66% PLUS DIVIDENDS by now (annual return around 17% PLUS dividends)

So SHUT THE FUCK UP
According to those as yerself and others on the left? Wall Street was just this side of Satan...(And of OWS)?

Yeah, for some odd reason the stock market didn't matter then.

When the market was up during the previous administration the left said it had nothing to do with the over all economic condition. Ho hum just another shinning example of left wing hypocrisy.

Point of fact, we said it had nothing to do with Bush, and it didn't. It had a lot to do with then historically low interest rates, just like the historically low interest rates now have a lot to do with it.

DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

Yeah, for some odd reason the stock market didn't matter then.
It's partisan hackey in the nth degree...;)

You gotta wonder if the left has any sense at all or they are fueled by hatred. Six months ago they were cheering the OWS rabble and condemning corporations, wall street and the stock market. Today they think Barry might get a boost in the polls and all of a sudden they are in love with capitalism.

Forum List

Back