Dear rightie investors - you missed it

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:
Had you put all your money in the Dow Jones Industrial Average when Oabama took office, you'd be up 66% PLUS DIVIDENDS by now
(annual return around 17% PLUS dividends)

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

Last edited:
Oops....real disposable income has been stagnating.

A229RX0_Max_630_378.png

Real Disposable Personal Income: Per capita (A229RX0) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Sorry, you're right, it'd be far better if the stock prices - which indicte the market's prediction of the future state of the U.S. economy many years in advance - were in the shitter and we had more money to dispose of now - as now is all that matters. I'm all for DOW 2000 and 200% increase in the amount of money i have to spend NOW on stuff I don't need!

I apologize for messing that one up.

And of course - your link has proven that the fact I quoted in the OP is not true. Even though it IS true - you posted a link with negative information about the economy, rendering the statement in the OP 100% false despite its 100% trueness.

Last edited:

Sorry, you're right, it'd be far better if the stock prices - which indicte the market's prediction of the future state of the U.S. economy many years in advance - were in the shitter and we had more money to dispose of now - as now is all that matters. I'm all for DOW 2000 and 200% increase in the amount of money i have to spend NOW on stuff I don't need!

And of course - your link has proven that the fact I quoted in the OP is not true. Even though it IS true - you posted a link with negative information about the economy, rendering the statement in the OP 100% false despite its 100% trueness.

Point. Make one.

Point. Make one.

See the OP.

Point was made

Point is true

Nothing you said changed it.

Point. Make one.

See the OP.

Point was made

Point is true

I get it. The market is doing great, despite stagnant income.

Dems are championing rising inequality and corporatism.

Point. Make one.

See the OP.

Point was made

Point is true

Dems are championing rising inequality.

The stock market is a leading indicator shit for brains. It crashes BEFORE the economy goes to shit and booms BEFORE the economy picks up again. In terms you can understand - its a reflection of the fact that all the right wings holy "job creators" are moving their money into market investments.

In practical terms - it means investors with money - by definition, investors who have succeeded in the past - are moving their money into the market. The smart money has already moved to the market. The bad news about that is its already happened, so you stand little to profit by investing in the market at this time (that's the point of the thread). The good news is that its probably means a long term pattern of economic growth is about to occur.

Last edited:
See the OP.

Point was made

Point is true

The stock market is a leading indicator shit for brains. It crashes BEFORE the economy goes to shit and booms BEFORE the economy picks up again. In terms you can understand - its a reflection of the fact that all the right wings holy "job creators" are moving their money into market investments.

You are a fucking idiot. According to you the stock market is up by 66%, but unemployment has not changed since Obama took office. Not much of a leading indicator. This recovery has been very good for your corporatist masters, but not for the average American. You are such a shill for the one percent.

In addition, housing is more of a leading indicator and housing prices still have not dropped to their necessarily. That is why the stock market has been doing great, but the economy has been doing poorly.

You are a fucking idiot. According to you the stock market is up by 66%, but unemployment has not changed since Obama took office. Not much of a leading indicator.

wow. According to me? No, sorry, according to factual reality. Easily verifiable factual reality. Use your fucking Google. Why do morons like you insist on ridiculing fact? I report fact - its fact - its real - its true, you can look it up yourself and millions upon millions of people can easily verify it - and you ridicule the idea that the fact is true! Sorry - but its a FACT - $1.00 invested in the DJIA the day Obama took office would be worth $1.66 now + dividends. That's not "according to me" - that's according to DOW JONES moron!

you don't know what the word "leading" means, do you? Jesus fucking christ you have got to be one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to.

In addition, housing is more of a leading indicator and housing prices still have not dropped to their necessarily. That is why the stock market has been doing great, but the economy has been doing poorly.

Housing prices "still have not dropped to their necessarily" ? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Housing prices posses a "necessarily"? Would you kindly speak in coherent ENGLISH SENTENCES? Thanks!

Last edited:
When the market was up during the previous administration the left said it had nothing to do with the over all economic condition. Ho hum just another shinning example of left wing hypocrisy.

Housing prices "still have not dropped to their necessarily" ? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Housing prices posses a "necessarily"? Would you kindly speak in coherent ENGLISH SENTENCES? Thanks!

My keyboard acts up at times when I place too much pressure on certain parts, causing my typing to jump around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

Plus, you are the last person to demand coherency. All you are doing is spewing is incoherency and violent words. Perhaps if you were not such an angry troll we could have a conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
When the market was up during the previous administration the left said it had nothing to do with the over all economic condition. Ho hum just another shinning example of left wing hypocrisy.
???

Unless you can furnish a quote of me stating that the market has nothing to do with the overall economy, your accusation is false, and I demand you retract it. You are a liar.

Or am I to take it that you think the market doing great is just by itself "left wing hypocrisy" ?

Just where is the hypocrisy here?

My keyboard acts up, and my typing jumps around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

Plus, you are the last person to demand coherency. All you are doing is spewing is incoherency and violent words. Perhaps if you were not such an angry troll we could have a conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

Neccessary levels for what? Define "neccessary" level?

My keyboard acts up, and my typing jumps around and deletes words in mid sentences. Housing prices have not dropped to their necessary levels. They are still being inflated.

They need to deflate more.

Yup.

The stock market is recovering its massive loses in value.

Hopefully this ipward trend won't be interupted by some new economic disaster.

One can't help but wonder how long this happy news will last if the price of gasoline and energy keeps spiking.

DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:
Had you put all your money in the Dow Jones Industrial Average when Oabama took office, you'd be up 66% PLUS DIVIDENDS by now

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

Ya.....My 401k has been kicking ass lately. :mm:

Thanks President Obama!! :clap2:

They need to deflate more.

Why?

By a number of measures, home prices are either inexpensive or downright cheap.

When I look at the world and all the things in which I can invest, and if I had to lock up my money for a decade, US residential real estate would be right at the top of the list.

Last edited:
DJIA near record highs.

You missed the rebound.

FACT:

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

I've spent nearly two decades investing for a living, and a mistake I think many highly political people make is to point to the stock market to justify their own political biases. Politics isn't unimportant, but politically biased people who view the world through a political and ideological prism overestimate the affect of politics on the stock market.

So I look at this statement in one of two ways. For the people on the right, it is correct. If you didn't invest when Obama was elected because you thought he'd be bad for the economy and thus the stock market, you have been spectacularly wrong, and you should man up and admit your mistake. For the people on the left, the stock market often moves to its own rhythm, and is not necessarily indicative of the health of the economy. So crowing that a rising stock market is confirmation of your policies can be wrong and set you up to look stupid down the road when the stock market does its own thing.

Oops....real disposable income has been stagnating.

How is that possible when the economy has been improving for so long? Must mean that wealth has been percolating ever upward. You'd think we need to increase the minimum wage or something.

Forum List

Back