Dear New York Times,

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
Dear Editor,

I would take this opportunity to thank you for making it very clear to me how damn vulnerable I am to threats by terrorists and how easy it will be for them to kill me with your assistance.

As a matter of fact I was oblivious to these facts. Since you defied the Homeland Security Dept and published confidential information regarding a well concieved plan to expose terrorists methods to hurt me I am now much more aware of how easy that will be to do with your assistance.

I guess you feel your story is due a Pulitzer prize for it's suprise value to the average reader of your newspaper, however I have gotton from it something much more valuable. I'll be watching my favorite newspapers for other acts of treason on a regular basis as I am sure they will now try to top your feat.

I hope others got from your story what I did and look forward to more of your stories in the future as I am sure you will capitolize on any and all opportunities to ruin the security of our nation for a good story. Oh by the way, the story was poorly written.

I just hope the security you compromised does not turn out to "blow up" in your face. You see, the folks you helped would just as soon kill you as read your worthless newspaper.

Your pal,

Emmett

Emmett said:
Dear Editor,

I would take this opportunity to thank you for making it very clear to me how damn vulnerable I am to threats by terrorists and how easy it will be for them to kill me with your assistance.

As a matter of fact I was oblivious to these facts. Since you defied the Homeland Security Dept and published confidential information regarding a well concieved plan to expose terrorists methods to hurt me I am now much more aware of how easy that will be to do with your assistance.

I guess you feel your story is due a Pulitzer prize for it's suprise value to the average reader of your newspaper, however I have gotton from it something much more valuable. I'll be watching my favorite newspapers for other acts of treason on a regular basis as I am sure they will now try to top your feat.

I hope others got from your story what I did and look forward to more of your stories in the future as I am sure you will capitolize on any and all opportunities to ruin the security of our nation for a good story. Oh by the way, the story was poorly written.

I just hope the security you compromised does not turn out to "blow up" in your face. You see, the folks you helped would just as soon kill you as read your worthless newspaper.

Your pal,

Emmett
exactly...these guys put selling newspapers ahead of national security

Dear New York Times:

Thank you for continuing to protect Democracy by making sure the American people know what their government is up to.

Despite all of the attacks on your newspaper by right-wing critics upset about the election-year implications of your report, you continue to enlighten and educate your readers. I understand that the Republican Party doesn't like real journalism. I know that they can't stand the idea of the American people having real information because it eliminates their ability to get votes via scare tactics.

Please continue to be agressive in your reporting of the often illegal actions of our present administration. Your reporting is an important tool in the fight to maintain our own democracy, while our brave men and women in uniform put their lives at risk in hopes of bringing democracy to others.

Yours,

acludem

As Michael Savage always Say's..

It's the ENEMY WITHIN, that is truly dangerous to us.....

acludem said:
Dear New York Times:

Thank you for continuing to protect Democracy by making sure the American people know what their government is up to.

Despite all of the attacks on your newspaper by right-wing critics upset about the election-year implications of your report, you continue to enlighten and educate your readers. I understand that the Republican Party doesn't like real journalism. I know that they can't stand the idea of the American people having real information because it eliminates their ability to get votes via scare tactics.

Please continue to be agressive in your reporting of the often illegal actions of our present administration. Your reporting is an important tool in the fight to maintain our own democracy, while our brave men and women in uniform put their lives at risk in hopes of bringing democracy to others.

Yours,

acludem
I've no problem with the people being aware of what their government is up to, but to expose programs that we are using to track down terrorists is stupid at best, and treasonous at worst...i feel the times committed treason, and did it to sell papers. :(

Exposing those programs when they violate the Consitution isn't treason. It's a service to the American people.

acludem said:
Exposing those programs when they violate the Consitution isn't treason. It's a service to the American people.

When is the ACLU going reaffirm to Americans that they are communists?

acludem said:

The wiretapping was perfectly legal, and the bank monitoring was so legal that its legality was never even called into question. There is also nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing that you may conduct all of your business in private. There is nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing that you will ever, in your life, have a private conversation. There is nothing in the Constitution that makes you bank records priviledged.

And I also ask you where you draw the line. Would you publish the D-Day plans prior to D-Day? How about a list of all of our undercover spies and their locations? Do we post pictures of every sky marshall working for the U.S. government? Should newspapers feel free to publish manufacturing instructions for the stealth material that makes the B-2 possible? Seriously, if you can find a justification in the bank program, there is no line anymore.

acludem said:
What does this thread or anything I've said in it have to do with Communism?

acludem

You know---that STATE you're trying to create by pretending to be for personal freedoms and equality. All that stuff the ACLU founding fathers wanted?

Forum List

Back