Dear Mrs. Bachmann

Bachmann: Americans fear 'rise of Soviet Union'

The Soviet Union broke up into 15 separate republics 20 years ago. Boris Yeltsin was the first freely elected leader of Russia, the largest of those republics.

"What people recognize is that there's a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward," Bachmann said on Jay Sekulow's radio show.

Bachmann, a Minnesota congresswoman, was trying to explain that Americans are concerned about issues beyond federal spending and the debt.

Shit!! We do?! Dammit, I did NOT get the memo!!

If it wasn't for China, you wouldn't be able to pay your bills!
Ungrateful woman!

Is there still a Soviet Union?

Not that I know of.

In other news;

"You Will Pay": The Wrath Of Michele Bachmann

"You will pay, you will pay," Bachmann said to the woman in front of a dozen or more witnesses. She said it a lot of times and, as far as I witnessed, never said anything else. The woman grew increasingly upset at the nonspecific threat and began to weep while still demanding to know how Bachmann was going to make her pay.

....While the woman melted down, Bachmann portrayed an eerie calm and maintained an expression with which I later became more familiar from covering her at other stressful moments. Her gaze was steady. She was sort of smiling throughout.

But she's sane! She's all good. She's going to be our next president.

:cuckoo:

Now from some site called, jezebel. and they wonder why people Laugh at her and don't take them serious.

"You will pay, you will pay," Bachmann said to the woman in front of a dozen or more witnesses. She said it a lot of times

my gawd

Last edited:
And yes, it's penny-ante shit. But Dear Mrs. Bachmann. When you vote to cut government spending, does that mean you won't be submitting your cable bill so your constituents can foot the bill?

Dump Michele Bachmann: Bachmann's Cable TV Expenses Getting Charged to the State Hit the Strib

I got this story from more than one source. I got the specific details (dates, amounts etc.) from a Republican activist who was not connected to any of the candidates.

Bachmann, a GOP state senator from Stillwater, has sought and received reimbursement from the state for bills from a cable TV company that also provides Internet service. Under Senate rules, members can be reimbursed for up to $125 a month for job-related communication expenses.

The rules say these expenses include "telephone, fax, cell phone, pager, Internet service, etc."

Well Michele Bachmann is always one for pushing the envelope. I assume she considers cable tv the etc.

Young, a Bachmann critic, told reporters about the expense statements. "I can't see where cable TV would be required for communication with constituents."

Bachmann said Friday that she received reimbursement for TV expenses in perhaps two months because she used cable TV to watch school board and other government meetings on local public access stations.

"It's communications," she said. "If there's a problem with it, we'll just turn it back in. We weren't trying to defraud the state or take anything that we didn't feel that we should.

Some entertainment to get you through the boredom..

Hilarious_Dance.gif

Last edited:
You have to be really stupid if you think coming on a hardcore political forum with such insignificant childish threads is going to have ANY impact on someone else's views.

You have to be really stupid if you think coming on a hardcore political forum with such insignificant childish threads is going to have ANY impact on someone else's views.

booper is not trying for that. She is just a dumb kid who can't think for herself.
She post all cut and paste from some off the wall left wing nut site. Hardly any of it is believable or any of the sites reputable.. May be better to ignore them and let the lefties have a huge circle jerk over what booper post..In fact I have never put anyone on ignore the whole time I've been here, but I off right now to put on my first...the booper, you might want to join me and others who are tired of the games and bullshit.

Last edited:
I was just thinking we haven't had a Michele Bachmann thread lately...

We needed a change from the "let's blame everything on Obama" threads.
It's a fucking political message board, we are suppose to talk about political figures. Get Over it!
And no we don't hate her because she is a woman, we dislike her because she is bat shit crazy and wrong for America. We need to go forward, not backwards.

Bat shit crazy people everywhere are insulted by you having included Bachmann in their ranks.

:eusa_hand:
Shouldn't you be out with momma, shopping for a Dora The Explorer book bag, protractor, #2 pencils, paste, peechee folders, Elmers glue, pencil holder, sharpener, Crayolas, and calculator right about now?

After all, it is that time o' year.

Last edited:
Bachmann obsessions are dangerous....
Yeah, and most of us remember Madeline's obsession with Palin eventually caused her to blow an aneurysm straight out her friggin' ear.

Talk about meltdown moments.

True.... but... how damned funny was that one! Seriously, it was a classic! Not quite a Pubes Meltdown, granted... but... epic in it's own hysterical way.

Bachmann obsessions are dangerous....
Yeah, and most of us remember Madeline's obsession with Palin eventually caused her to blow an aneurysm straight out her friggin' ear.

True.... but... how damned funny was that one! Seriously, it was a classic! Not quite a Pubes Meltdown, granted... but... epic in it's own hysterical way.

That woman could meltdown over most things. ;)
She is a nice person, but definitely a little dramatic.

Some entertainment to get you through the boredom..

Hilarious_Dance.gif

HOw many threads have it started about Obama?
And who are you talking to on your Visitor Page? I understand accidentally posting on your Visitor page, but it kind of seems like you are talking to yourself.

That woman could meltdown over most things. ;)
She is a nice person, but definitely a little dramatic.

She's a moron. An overly emotional, rant driven, fact averse, moron. She made truthmatters look balanced. I have rarely met anyone less intelligent in my life - thank God. Her lack of basic comprehension was only surpassed by her inability to make a rational response to even the most basic question.

Let me start by saying I've never been a fan of Mrs. Bachmann.

I visited her website for the first time today, I was curious concerning her professional position beyond the anti-gay, pro-life, pro-christian, pro-white, etc. I casually browsed the available menu links, while noticing that Mrs. Bachmann's site URL ends with .gov contrasted to Mr. Perry's lovely .com address. Moving forward, I navigated to the "Taxes" page under Issues. Due to her affiliation with the Tea Party I expected her tax goals to be congruent with TP philosophies. However, I came across something more interesting.

"I have cosponsored several bills to provide tax relief to hard-working Americans, including bills to repeal the estate tax, reduce capital gains taxes, repeal the alternative minimum tax (AMT), extend the adoption tax credit, and, make permanent other important tax relief passed by Congress in 2001 and 2003. Families and businesses can rest assured I will continue to support efforts to reduce taxes and put more money back in the pockets of American workers." -Michele Bachmann

Although I have highlighted the four of Mrs. Bachmann's core tax reform policies, I will be focusing on her repeal or annulment of the estate tax. For those not familar with the estate tax, here's a little background info on how it works. The below excerpt from the nytimes article summarizes.

"The other option is to apply the 2011 law, which would exempt the first $5 million of the estate and impose a rate of 35 percent on anything above that. This is far more generous than the 2009 law — a $3.5 million exemption and a 45 percent tax rate — which many people thought would be reinstated."

So the gist of it, less tax related revenue is generated in 2011 compared to 2009 revenues due to freshly adopted estate tax laws. It's also worth mentioning, that in the year between (2010) no estate tax regulation was in place. Zero tax related revenue was generated in 2010 from estate tax.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't think of a single instance in my whole life that I heard someone I know recieve an inheritance anywhere close to the cut-off numbers mentioned above. To me that's a significantly high number. And the fact that Mrs. Bachmann is rallying against it informs me that she is not looking out for my best interests or those of middle-class American folks, with this policy.

P.S. Still a noob, so can't link yet D:

And yes, it's penny-ante shit. But Dear Mrs. Bachmann. When you vote to cut government spending, does that mean you won't be submitting your cable bill so your constituents can foot the bill?

Dump Michele Bachmann: Bachmann's Cable TV Expenses Getting Charged to the State Hit the Strib

I got this story from more than one source. I got the specific details (dates, amounts etc.) from a Republican activist who was not connected to any of the candidates.

Bachmann, a GOP state senator from Stillwater, has sought and received reimbursement from the state for bills from a cable TV company that also provides Internet service. Under Senate rules, members can be reimbursed for up to $125 a month for job-related communication expenses.

The rules say these expenses include "telephone, fax, cell phone, pager, Internet service, etc."

Well Michele Bachmann is always one for pushing the envelope. I assume she considers cable tv the etc.

Young, a Bachmann critic, told reporters about the expense statements. "I can't see where cable TV would be required for communication with constituents."

Bachmann said Friday that she received reimbursement for TV expenses in perhaps two months because she used cable TV to watch school board and other government meetings on local public access stations.

"It's communications," she said. "If there's a problem with it, we'll just turn it back in. We weren't trying to defraud the state or take anything that we didn't feel that we should.

Give 'critical thinking' a try. You might find it very liberating. And, you will be less likely to make a total fool of yourself so often.

Let me start by saying I've never been a fan of Mrs. Bachmann.

I visited her website for the first time today, I was curious concerning her professional position beyond the anti-gay, pro-life, pro-christian, pro-white, etc. I casually browsed the available menu links, while noticing that Mrs. Bachmann's site URL ends with .gov contrasted to Mr. Perry's lovely .com address. Moving forward, I navigated to the "Taxes" page under Issues. Due to her affiliation with the Tea Party I expected her tax goals to be congruent with TP philosophies. However, I came across something more interesting.

"I have cosponsored several bills to provide tax relief to hard-working Americans, including bills to repeal the estate tax, reduce capital gains taxes, repeal the alternative minimum tax (AMT), extend the adoption tax credit, and, make permanent other important tax relief passed by Congress in 2001 and 2003. Families and businesses can rest assured I will continue to support efforts to reduce taxes and put more money back in the pockets of American workers." -Michele Bachmann

Although I have highlighted the four of Mrs. Bachmann's core tax reform policies, I will be focusing on her repeal or annulment of the estate tax. For those not familar with the estate tax, here's a little background info on how it works. The below excerpt from the nytimes article summarizes.

"The other option is to apply the 2011 law, which would exempt the first $5 million of the estate and impose a rate of 35 percent on anything above that. This is far more generous than the 2009 law — a $3.5 million exemption and a 45 percent tax rate — which many people thought would be reinstated."

So the gist of it, less tax related revenue is generated in 2011 compared to 2009 revenues due to freshly adopted estate tax laws. It's also worth mentioning, that in the year between (2010) no estate tax regulation was in place. Zero tax related revenue was generated in 2010 from estate tax.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't think of a single instance in my whole life that I heard someone I know recieve an inheritance anywhere close to the cut-off numbers mentioned above. To me that's a significantly high number. And the fact that Mrs. Bachmann is rallying against it informs me that she is not looking out for my best interests or those of middle-class American folks, with this policy.

P.S. Still a noob, so can't link yet D:

Exactly how is fighting for Americans to keep more of their money bad for the middle class?

Forum List

Back