Dear Liberal

What a bunch of hooey these discussions are, illegals are in America working for the same reason you shop at Walmart aka ChinaMart, buy foreign cars, outsource labor, hate and hide from taxes, cheat and steal etc etc etc etc. They are cheap, plain and simple, and when it comes to honor or money money wins.

Where illegal immigrants work - Eye on the Economy- msnbc.com

1 Tim 6:10-12 "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness."

Sure thing ;)

That's a far cry from it being federally mandated, for every job, every employer, as you're calling for.

doesnt have to be federally mandated, but if a business hires an illegal and claims they diid so unknowingly the responsibilty should also fall upon the employer for not doing a proper check.
That's not what the law says. Due diligence in hiring is limited to the federal forms, the I-9 particularly in this case.

i never said it was the law, all along i have been giving my opinion of what i think it should be.

dont like illegal aliens dont frequent businesses that use them for cheap labor and write your representatives urging them to put forth severe penalties upon businesses that use illegal labor, if i and my family was starving in Mexico i to would cross the border to work for people who are very eager to hire me, I dont blame the illegals for coming here i blame the American businesses that provide them jobs.
You do realize that most of the illegals hired are using forged papers to get hired, correct? That companies who knowingly, willfully and purposely hire illegals in order to get "cheap labor" is the rare exception, rather than the general rule?

The vast majority of businesses play by the rules. The vast majority of illegals, don't.

So you say, I don't believe you. Prove it.
I see (everyday) hundreds (probably thousands) of young men hanging outside Home Depot waiting for work. Contractors of all sizes - from one man shops to large landscape and roofing companies, their logos and business names are on their trucks - stop and grab a few or many day laborers who will (presumedly) work for cash.
Now, it's not likely IBM or Microsoft hire illegals, but what of hotels and motels, restaurants and even homeowners? Of course there are several large well known national businesses too, that I won't name but a google search may enlighten you.
Take the billions of employers, then think about what percentage knowingly and purposely hire illegals, and you get a small percentage number.

Now, take the billions of employers, think about the millions of forged identities seized from illegals, (2 million in 1998 in Los Angeles alone) and your percentage of these unknowingly hired by employers is much larger.

If we cannot agree that illegals who are unknowingly hired is far, far greater than the ones knowingly hired, there's no discussion really.

What a bunch of hooey these discussions are, illegals are in America working for the same reason you shop at Walmart aka ChinaMart, buy foreign cars, outsource labor, hate and hide from taxes, cheat and steal etc etc etc etc. They are cheap, plain and simple, and when it comes to honor or money money wins.

Where illegal immigrants work - Eye on the Economy- msnbc.com
Offers NO data at all on how many of these workers used forged papers to get hired.

Offers NO context, as in, how many employers there are in the US vs. how many illegals work in the US.

doesnt have to be federally mandated, but if a business hires an illegal and claims they diid so unknowingly the responsibilty should also fall upon the employer for not doing a proper check.
That's not what the law says. Due diligence in hiring is limited to the federal forms, the I-9 particularly in this case.

i never said it was the law, all along i have been giving my opinion of what i think it should be.
You believe all employers should be required to do background checks on all employees hired? No matter the size of the business?

Who's going to pay for the checks?

Why is "more government control over business" always your answer?

You believe all employers should be required to do background checks on all employees hired? No matter the size of the business?

Why is "more government" always your answer?

who else is going to solve the illegal alien problem but government?

"Solve" it by exerting more control over employers?

Sounds pretty half-baked and stupid.

"Solve" it by exerting more control over employers?

Sounds pretty half-baked and stupid.

yeah making an employer responsible for the laws they break by hiring illegals is stupid but not as stupid as wanting something to be done about a problem that requires government intervention but not wanting the government to get involved:wtf:.

Forum List

Back