Dear Leader Scolds His Lemmings...

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010

WASHINGTON – Admonishing his own party, President Barack Obama says it would be “inexcusable” and “irresponsible” for unenthusiastic Democratic voters to sit out the midterm elections, warning that the consequences could be a squandered agenda for years.
“People need to shake off this lethargy. People need to buck up,” Obama told Rolling Stone in an interview to be published Friday. The president told Democrats that making change happen is hard and “if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren’t serious in the first place.”
The midterm elections are in five weeks and polling shows that Republicans, out of power at the White House and on Capitol Hill, have a much more excited base of supporters than Democrats. Obama, campaigning this week in four states, is in a sprint to restore the voter passion that helped him win office.
Yet in his attempt to light a fire under supporters, Obama comes across as fired up himself about how many backers fail to acknowledge the progress he sees. He said the glass-half-empty view among many progressive voters can be a debilitating force that distracts them from the real worry: Republicans.
The GOP is poised to win seats in the House, if not control of the chamber, and gain ground in the Senate, too.
“It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election,” Obama said.

WASHINGTON – Admonishing his own party, President Barack Obama says it would be “inexcusable” and “irresponsible” for unenthusiastic Democratic voters to sit out the midterm elections, warning that the consequences could be a squandered agenda for years.
“People need to shake off this lethargy. People need to buck up,” Obama told Rolling Stone in an interview to be published Friday. The president told Democrats that making change happen is hard and “if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren’t serious in the first place.”
The midterm elections are in five weeks and polling shows that Republicans, out of power at the White House and on Capitol Hill, have a much more excited base of supporters than Democrats. Obama, campaigning this week in four states, is in a sprint to restore the voter passion that helped him win office.
Yet in his attempt to light a fire under supporters, Obama comes across as fired up himself about how many backers fail to acknowledge the progress he sees. He said the glass-half-empty view among many progressive voters can be a debilitating force that distracts them from the real worry: Republicans.
The GOP is poised to win seats in the House, if not control of the chamber, and gain ground in the Senate, too.
“It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election,” Obama said.

With ole` Bill Clinton out there stumping for him because Dems in Congress don't want to be seen being supported by Obama , it might bring in some votes...:lol:

He is right

But it is inexcusable for anyone not to vote

He is right

Agreed, even if you have to gasp vote against your party because they are going in a direction you don't like, that's better than not voting.

It would be inexcusable for ANYONE to vote Democrat....I have been seeing some interesting video lately.

Democrats being interviewed and they were asked questions like can you name the VP,speaker of the House,Do you know who Hilary Clinton is.....The answers were amazing.Not one of them knew any of these questions....When asked questions where John MC Cain or Sarah Palin actually said certain things
but the person asking the question attributed the answers to a Democrat they were perfectly fine with the response.....No one had an issue because they thought a Lib said it.

I believe that this President was elected because of the media hatred for Bush,their love for Obama and the ignorance of the Democrat voters who got caught up in the hype and slogans of " YES WE CAN "

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
No one can be forced to vote. Give people a reason to vote for you instead of expecting them to keep supporting you despite poor actions.

He is right

I disagree. Uninformed or stupid people should not vote. If they cannot identify Pelosi, Biden or Boehner, they should stay at home in their mother's basement while online. :eusa_whistle: I would like to see the voting age raised to at least 21. Higher even, if possible. We need voters who have experienced the workforce and related responsibilities....

the average voter voted for one thing, got another. You choice is something you don't want, or some one who will sell you out.

And they worry about apathy?

1299023_f260.jpg

Forum List

Back