Dear God - What Has Our Navy Come To ??

The issue is yours, USNJake. The point is that you need to research a question fully. You said that ". . . it would appear he isn't credited anywhere else but that one article with saying it." The credit is given in many sites. You have not made it clear that all the cites (notice the difference from 'sites') came from only one source.

We expect better from noobs.

The issue is yours, USNJake. The point is that you need to research a question fully. You said that ". . . it would appear he isn't credited anywhere else but that one article with saying it." The credit is given in many sites. You have not made it clear that all the cites (notice the difference from 'sites') came from only one source.

We expect better from noobs.

I didnt realise you had learning or understanding difficulties Jake , i apologise. Ill spell it out for you C h u r c h i l l d id n o t s a y i t mmmkk

You said it was only accredited in one spot: that was a lie, and you were called on it.

You have to do the whole research, and you failed.

Now have the last word . . . mmm?

Last edited:
I lied ? lol i think you been on this site too long pal , i dont have an agenda , i merely said i looked and seen no other mention of churchill ever having said it , you find a some dumb paperback that uses the phrase and somehow connect that to what i said.

Everyone knows that the great and powerful Obama is responsible for things that happened all the way back to 1,200 BC.

:rolleyes:

If hazing is illegal, then it is illegal.

What part of that do you fail to understand and what part of it precludes the guy's personal responsibility?

I thought it was 3200 BC?

Winston Churchill was the First Sea Lord for Conan at the time, I remember reading somewhere.

Everyone knows that the great and powerful Obama is responsible for things that happened all the way back to 1,200 BC.

Oh, what we choose to focus on.

Winston Churchill never made the quote about "rum, sodomy & the lash," but he is frequently cited as having done so. Does it matter? He never said it. There is no exact quote, but essentially it says: "Navy tradition is nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash," or the like. Amusingly, when Churchill's personal secretary asked him if he had made the quote, he said he wish he had. Winston Churchill was a man with a sense of humor.

There are multiple things that are both amusing and troubling about the inclusion of the quote in the linked article in the OP. One, If the writer is to include such a quote, then there is at least a circumstantial suspicion that all is not accurate with the article as a whole. Two, even with the false accreditation of the quote, it is clearly not speaking of the Navy in a flattering light, painting a picture of a bunch of cretinous misfits and pirates than a hard, disciplined fighting force, which, if you know anything about Naval history, there is some truth in that. Three, and most amusingly, there is the unfortunate implication that an article that is defending a supposedly more disciplined, superior Navy is simultaneously defending the regular practice of sodomy amongst the ranks.

How does one begin to process this?
:lol:

Last edited:
Back in the 1970s Marines used to carry their seabags on runs, how is it hazing to require them to wear one while waiting for Captain's Mast?

Yeah. This is absolutely mind-boggling to me that a United States MARINE having to carry their seabag while waiting for mast is considered hazing.

This is seriously fucked up.

Yet the far cons and libertarians will consider pulling their silly arguments apart as a form of unfair hazing.

Forum List

Back