Dear God Letter Submissions Wanted

Mar 26, 2012
United States
I get that this maybe isn't the type of thing that normally gets posted here, but I'm new and this seems the best spot to put it. I am in the process of writing a book and am looking for "Dear God" letters-essentially, letters or e-mails addressed to God (or Buddah, Mary, Jehovah, Allah, etc.) that address a particular aspect of your life or life in general. They can be signed off by you, a pseudonym (as long as you're not using someone else's name), or they can be anonymous. The letters can be long or short, funny, insightful, or heartbreaking, about life, death or anything in between-all I ask is that they're honest. I will be pitching this to literary agents, so there isn't a guarantee it will get published, but that's obviously the end goal. If interested, please only submit your own original material that you own the rights to, and nothing that's been published, uploaded anywhere or submitted to anything else. I hope to hear from some of you, at least in letter form.

Now for the legal stuff: By submitting a letter to me, the author, you, the submitter, are granting me and/or my future publisher the right, but not the obligation, to use the submitter's name and relevant personal information if submitter requests that he or she be identified. The submitter agrees that all submission are original, have not been posted, uploaded or otherwise expressed elsewhere online or in any type of print or digital posting or publication. Submitter agrees that their submission does not defame any person or infringe on any copyright, right of privacy or other right. It is understood that by submitting a letter to author that a grant of rights to use the material in a book, e-book or other publication or digital publication is granted, as well as an assignment of the copyright of the letter. This includes but is not limited to foreign translations, electronic publishing, and film and other dramatic uses.

Forum List

Back