Dear Candidate: What if growth was over?

The population curve in most industrialized nations has flattened out, virtually to zero....The only 'tard who doesn't see that is you.

As for the stale old "diminishing resources" argument, it's a non-starter....The Japanese have next to no resources, and haven't had too much trouble making themselves a modern industrial society and feeding their masses.

Can't you find something original to snivel and wring your hands about?

The population curve in most industrialized nations has flattened out, virtually to zero....The only 'tard who doesn't see that is you.

A standard practice of posting on debate forums is actually linking your claims. I know that's a real challenge for you, but give it a try.

Link please, supporting this claim?

As for the stale old "diminishing resources" argument, it's a non-starter....The Japanese have next to no resources, and haven't had too much trouble making themselves a modern industrial society and feeding their masses.

That's because after WW2, they lost their meal ticket -- Indonesia's oil. We then propped them up and put them to work making things. You know, like we used to do. I would imagine if we still actually made things, we wouldn't be so dependent on foreign commodities as well.

But, well... Cons like yourself decided it was more profitable to give foreigners American jobs. Get it yet?

Regardless, they serve a vital global purpose: Manufacturing goods.

just checking in... wondering if this question still not reasonable for any candidate to have to answer?

a year later, a year closer to systemic global meltdown ... surely no politician should ever have to acknowledge the Earth's natural limits. :rolleyes:

Make no mistake: "Infinite" growth IS over... or if you prefer: The expansionary trajectory of industrial civilization is colliding with non-negotiable natural limits.

Don't take my word for it, just look at the sentiment coming out of the IMF and World Bank these days.

Last edited:
Dear Candidate: What if growth was over?

Not gonna happen. This is the U S A. We have a guy in Georgia manufacturing and selling chopsticks to the Chyneez!

They are not our enemy...they are our customers..so is the rest of the world by the way.

Forum List

Back