Dean Urges Dems to Court Pro-Life Voters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wolverine, Jul 22, 2005.

1. wolverine

wolverine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Ever hear of Planned Parenthood Howard?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Gee, one would think the chairman of the DNC would be very familiar with PP and NARAL, have to agree with you Wolverine!

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    What I find interesting about this is that we have yet another 180 degree turnaround by the Dems. They were all over the news arguing that the 2004 exit polls (which found that people voted primarily on values), were wrong or at least misleading. That values weren't really important to voters; that voters misunderstood the questions, etc., etc. And now the Dems feel they must court pro-lifers to get elected? Ha! I guess they really did believe those those exit polls after all.

[​IMG]

4. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Even if they campaigned on a pro-life platform, does anyone really believe they would vote that way on bills?

5. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Since it is the party that elected Kerry, they might vote for it, before they vote against it. :rolleyes:

6. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    party.Their motto: "If it's not outta the womb, you can send it to the tomb". Isn't one of their mantras "Make love, not war, and kill your offspring". Or maybe I'm wrong it's "Bush lied, people died,and kill your unborn too". I keep forgetting 'cause I'm not a Dem. No, now I remember, it's "Tune in, drop out, screw like rabbits, partially birth, and off with their heads". I dunno. I get confused trying to follow the "party of death".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    As the apparent, only "out of the closet" democrat on this forum, I'm not afraid to throw in my two cents.

The DNC is trying to take the party back from the "extreme" liberals. I support abortion, but under special circumstances.

You can't force a woman, who lacks to courage to die, to carry a child knowing that it could kill her. You can't force a woman or a medical institution, to take care of a severely brain damage child until it eventually dies.

No TRUE Democrat supports the idea of "birth control" abortions; but when the Republicans are pushing for total illegalization of abortions, well, we'll have to just dig in and take the political casualties that goes with it.

I close with this.. Coming from a man who made such life or death decisions many of times... Just bring it! I'll fight you all the way!

8. wolverine

wolverine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
  9. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
  10. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199

pro-lifers (most) support only special circumstance abortions, like what you mentioned.

most of the liberals we see yapping are for abortion on demand, no matter how far along the baby is.

do you know how partial-birth abortions are performed? they crush the baby's skull while it is in the birth canal, just before it is certifiably born. this is done at any time during the pregnancy. they will induce labor prematurely, and force the baby to nearly be born.