Dean Statement on Hundreds of Thousands Rallying for Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
What an ass, I mean MOUTH :nine:

April 12, 2006
Email this Print this Blog this
Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued the following statement today as hundreds of thousands of people all over the country continued to rally peacefully in support of a tough and smart comprehensive immigration reform bill and against House Republican bill HR 4437 that seeks to criminalize families and clergy:

"Today, all around the country, hundreds of thousands of people of every race, color and ethnicity are marching peacefully for immigration reform that is tough and smart, comprehensive and compassionate. Democrats are proud to join these marches. Democrats in the Senate have led the fight for immigration reform that reflects our values, but neither President Bush nor Bill Frist were willing to stand up to the far right wing of the Republican Party to move it forward.

"Today's peaceful marchers put a human face on this important issue. Immigration reform is about strengthening our borders, but it's also about families. Unfortunately, it's the American people who will have to deal with the consequences of the Republican Party's failed leadership. Republicans are not just alienating Latinos with their surrender to the far right, they're alienating Americans of every background who know that scapegoating any group of people is wrong. And they're alienating every American who knows we need real solutions to strengthen our borders, protect U.S. workers and their wages, and make it possible for immigrants who earn it the opportunity to apply for U.S. citizenship. Together, America can do better."
http://dnc.org/a/2006/04/dean_statement_18.php

then assume that illegal immigration is caused by Republicans? I'm a little confused. I find no Republican ever being against immigration. It's is illegal immigration that is the problem. Leave it to the Democrats to side with lawbreakers yet again.

Rico said:
then assume that illegal immigration is caused by Republicans? I'm a little confused. I find no Republican ever being against immigration. It's is illegal immigration that is the problem. Leave it to the Democrats to side with lawbreakers yet again.
I'll agree with you about most Republicans NOT having a problem with immigration, just illegals and the new push to have them go to the head of the line. Welcome! :thup:

How is it your president can’t even enforce the illegal immigration laws already on the books. It’s obvious the Republican’s wet-dream of making all these fine folk felons is sliding down the side of the political toilet bowl, so why not bring the border state’s N/G back home and let them do their real job? What about fining US employers $10,000.00 a head for each illegal hired. Don’t need an act of Congress to do that - it's already on the books - show some balls Neo-Cons!

Darwins Friend said:
How is it your president can’t even enforce the illegal immigration laws already on the books. It’s obvious the Republican’s wet-dream of making all these fine folk felons is sliding down the side of the political toilet bowl, so why not bring the border state’s N/G back home and let them do their real job? What about fining US employers $10,000.00 a head for each illegal hired. Don’t need an act of Congress to do that - it's already on the books - show some balls Neo-Cons!

Uh, he is your President too. Unless you have renounced your citizenship, of course.

onthefence said:
Uh, he is your President too. Unless you have renounced your citizenship, of course.

You caught that also..That's how they talk over at the Duunderground. (since the election was stolen), he's not their President :rotflmao:

Darwins Friend said:

I'd like to know myself how it is President Bush doesn't enforce the laws that are already on the books. Pisses me off to no end.

But what's worse than that is the liberals lying their fucking asses off whoring themselves out to the illegals hoping they get their votes.

Lets do this, lets give the liberals everything they want in the way of the illegals EXCEPT, the "illegals" will NOT be allowed to VOTE... EVER. Lets do that and see how fast the liberals do a one eighty on the issue.

I'd like to know myself how it is President Bush doesn't enforce the laws that are already on the books. Pisses me off to no end.

Thanks for addressing the question. :)

Darwins Friend said:

You've captured the feelings of the conservative base of the GOP very nicely, though I'm not sure it was on purpose.

You've captured the feelings of the conservative base of the GOP very nicely, though I'm not sure it was on purpose.

Everything I think, say and do has a purpose. :rotflmao:

Darwins Friend said:

What about your party, nubtard? At least there are some "radicals" in our party who want to enforce the border, which is the de facto right of any sovereign nation. we're getting nothing from dems EXCEPT migra asskissing and pandering. Get your house in order.

What makes you think I’m a Democrat? In fact - more importantly, what makes you think?

rtwngAvngr said:
What about your party, nubtard? At least there are some "radicals" in our party who want to enforce the border, which is the de facto right of any sovereign nation. we're getting nothing from dems EXCEPT migra asskissing and pandering. Get your house in order.

DF has no house.

Darwins Friend said:
What makes you think I’m a Democrat? In fact - more importantly, what makes you think?

Your general demeanor. What are you? An independant? how convenient.

My innate will to survive makes me think. What made you stop thinking?

rtwngAvngr said:
Your general demeanor. What are you? An independant? how convenient.

My innate will to survive makes me think. What made you stop thinking?

I'm just old. :bye1:

rtwngAvngr said:
lol. Ok. You're no fun, oldy. What'd darwin do for you?

Taught me we’ll all die alone - just as we’ve lived. And, to never stop digging for the truth. ;)

Darwins Friend said:
Taught me we’ll all die alone - just as we’ve lived. And, to never stop digging for the truth. ;)

What if the truth is that the mind cannot survive without lies which give meaning?

Forum List

Back