Dean orders his wife "Out"!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** Way to court the womens vote, Dean! Treating your wife like a second class citizen should garner plenty of votes!**

Howard Dean was courting the women's vote at a Women for Dean rally yesterday in Hooksett, N.H., with the help of C-Span cameras carrying the action live.

But it turned ugly after the rally when he ordered his aides to remove his politically shy wife, Judith Steinberg Dean.

"Get her out," he said. "Get her out. Get her out."

The cameras and microphones caught it all.

Earlier, Dr. Steinberg had introduced the candidate. They even exchanged loving glances.

But, inexplicably, Dr. Dean turned into Mr. Hyde.

Dean's campaign has been in freefall since an appearance just before the Iowa caucuses in which he appeared less than presidential.

Dean even alluded to that speech recently in a TV interview.

Diane Sawyer of ABC News showed what has become known as "the screech" during an interview with both Dean and his wife.

Dean acknowledged on the program that his performance not "presidential," but said he was not "apologetic."

"Was it over the top? Sure it was over the top," he said. "Do I do things that are a little nutty? Sure, I do things that are a little nutty. Last night, I went to a hockey game, my son got an assist on the first goal, I went 'Yahoo,' and jumped up in the air," he added. "That's presidential? Probably not. So, I'm a dad, I'm a human being, I'm going to keep being a dad and a human being."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36770

Way to court the womens vote, Dean! Treating your wife like a second class citizen should garner plenty of votes!

I thought it was another stupid thing for him to do, but he was yelling at his aides to get his wife out so that she wouldn't have to be trampled by the media. You act like he was yelling at her.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I thought it was another stupid thing for him to do, but he was yelling at his aides to get his wife out so that she wouldn't have to be trampled by the media. You act like he was yelling at her.

I commented on the article I read, and I haven't seen any others. This article doesn't say anything about being trampled by media. In fact, it says "But, inexplicably, Dr. Dean turned into Mr. Hyde."

Do you have another article that puts this into perspective?

Forum List

Back