Dean Continues Meltdown

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/07/MNdean07.TMP

Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean, unapologetic in the face of recent criticism that he has been too tough on his political opposition, said in San Francisco this week that Republicans are "a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same. They all look the same. It's pretty much a white Christian party."

"The Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people," Dean said
Monday, responding to a question about diversity during a forum with minority leaders and journalists. "We're more welcoming to different folks, because that's the type of people we are. But that's not enough. We do have to deliver on things: jobs and housing and business opportunities."

The comments are another example of why the former Vermont governor, who remains popular with the party's grassroots, has been a lightning rod for criticism since being elected to head the Democratic National Committee last February. His comments last week that Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives," which he later clarified to say Republican "leaders," were disavowed by leading Democrats including Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.

Dean was outspoken -- as usual -- as he trolled California this week, stoking his party's coffers, and meeting with grass-roots activists. His San Francisco visit was at the tail end of a cross-country road trip, and Dean said that he will continue to pound the pavement -- and the GOP -- to get the Democratic message across to new voters, particularly in minority communities.

But Dean's style and rhetoric have sparked increasing criticism from inside the Democratic Party in recent weeks -- and gleeful Republicans say they couldn't be happier.

"Where do I sign up on a committee to keep Howard Dean?" crowed GOP operative Jon Fleischmann, publisher of the FlashReport, a daily roundup of California political news and commentary. "He's the best thing to happen to the GOP in ages."

"I'm thrilled he's the DNC chair," says Tom Del Becarro, chairman of the Contra Costa County Republican Party. "Howard Dean is scaring away the middle. People don't like angry people. They like hopeful people.''

But Simi Valley Councilman Glenn Becerra, a staffer with former Republican Gov. Pete Wilson and a Bush appointee to the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars, said Tuesday he was far from amused by Dean's suggestion that Republicans constitute "a white Christian party," and called the Democratic Party chairman "an embarrassment."

"I'm living proof that the (GOP) isn't what Howard Dean is trying to describe,'' Becerra said during a telephone interview. "It's a sad day when Democrats don't have any ideas to put forward, and they have to resort to race politics. President Bush didn't get 40 percent of the Hispanic vote (in 2004) because we're a monolithic, white Christian party." ...

I still find it amusing how the GOP has the Hispanic Attorney General, the black woman SOS, following a black SOS; while the Dems' most visible members are a bunch of angry white men (Dean, Kennedy, and the Klansman) and women (Boxer, Pelosi)

Oh, by all means, Dean, keep screaming! Man, if these jokers think they'll win more seats in 2006, then they're in for another nasty surprise. I wonder if that will set them off even further, lining up Hillary for a sub 40% share of the electoral vote.

Hey, you heard it here first, folks.

Anyone watch Dean on "Meet the Press" with Tim Russert a few weeks back? What a weasel! Russert asked him directly about many of the ridiculous quotes he had made, and he tried to weasel out of what he was really saying at the time. Didn't have the courage to stand up and admit what he said and what he meant when he said it. What a shallow, laughable loudmouth! The Democrats are really bankrupt to have a man like Dean in charge. They thought they were going to get someone who would fill the financial coffers, but Ken Mehlman and the Republicans have raised about three times the amount of money Dean and the Democrats have.

theim said:
I still find it amusing how the GOP has the Hispanic Attorney General, the black woman SOS, following a black SOS; while the Dems' most visible members are a bunch of angry white men (Dean, Kennedy, and the Klansman) and women (Boxer, Pelosi)
Don't waste your cyber-breath, logical thinking is not the Left's metiere.

You can come up with all the facts in the universe to refute Dean's statement, line them up from here to the Moon, have an army of experts, statisticians, witnesses testify on a mile high stack of Bibles just how the facts do not support this statement and they'll just cross their arms, pout and hold their breath and say "no, I won't listen, I won't, I won't, I won't!!!!!! And if you don't agree with me, I'm going to have a great big tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!"

But hey, what can I say? Haven't we all been saying this same thing all along? Haven't we been saying that the Democratic Party, the Left, etc are religiously intolerant against Christians?

So.... with that in mind..... I would like to express to Howard Dean our collective thanks for proving our point

Thanks Howard Dean, you freaking moron! Thanks for proving our point that you are the head of a bunch of ninnies! A bunch of religiously intolerant nobodies whose combined brain power couldn't figure out how to open a box of crayons.

thanks from KarlMarx, theim, Comrade, Adam's Apple, SirEvil, Kathianne

P.S. Have you ever seen the bumpersticker which reads "Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action?" or the other "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"? The Democratic Party and the Left are perfect examples of what these two bumper stickers are referring to.

P.P.S. http://www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/howard_the_dean.jpg

vote Republican the Dems are on the outs, in almost every office in every district, FOREVER!!!!

Roll on Howie!!!!!!! And give it the old Gestalt ahhhhhhhhhhhyeeeeeeee yeeeee!! Happy, happy, joy, joy. The end of the wacky left of the Dem party is near!! Let em all "tune in, drop out, and drop acid".. Weeeeeeee Howie's out there with the late Timothy Leary!!!

Forum List

Back