Deadwood - the Movie

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Last night I saw the long-awaited Deadwood film, set ten years after the end of the last episode.

Everything was consistent with the themes presented in the prior life, and the characters matured somewhat, so everything was believable if you accepted the realism of the series.

I thought it was satisfactory, but I was in no way blown away.

Any other reactions?

... sucker!

I watched it as well.....I thought it was boring. It just felt like another episode, not a movie. It’s been so long since I watched the series I could barely remember the characters. I mean it didn’t even have a resolution for the asshole Senator at the end. Total waste.

A friend of mine recorded it, but I haven't seen it yet. Big fan. Did they bring back Woo?

Woo was there for one scene. Thankfully, he brought an interpreter for his "conversation" with Swearingen. I agree with Pilot1; he needed to be included in this reunion piece.

Last night I saw the long-awaited Deadwood film, set ten years after the end of the last episode.

Everything was consistent with the themes presented in the prior life, and the characters matured somewhat, so everything was believable if you accepted the realism of the series.

I thought it was satisfactory, but I was in no way blown away.

Any other reactions?

Agreed and people aged a ton!!! I thought the ending was bleh.

Woo was there for one scene. Thankfully, he brought an interpreter for his "conversation" with Swearingen. I agree with Pilot1; he needed to be included in this reunion piece.

Interpreter? Some of the best scenes were between "Swaregen" and Woo trying to communicate by drawing pictures, and using hand gestures. It was funny as hell.

Forum List

Back